WOW. That Palm ad is bad-ass.

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey all,

If you haven't seen it, watch for it. Actually, you won't have to. You'll see it whether you're watching for it or not. It's one of the banner ads on AT. I just saw it for the first time. It's like a kaleidoscope with palms and color patterns, and it's interactive! What's so cool about it is how fluid it is. Nice. Tacky, but nice. And it grabs your attention. Anyone else seen it?

It's not as cool as those HP ads of old (the paper airplane, the ripple), but it'll do.

Ricky
DesignDawg

AndyHui

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member<br>AT FAQ M
Oct 9, 1999
Heh...and it takes up 40% of my CPU at work in Win2K....P2-233....hahaha...:confused:

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
damn, I've been seeing that banner for weeks! You just noticed it? Definitely the coolest banner ad I've seen...and it doesn't force you to click anything.

tomcat

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
Of course it would be nice if the palm had as many colors as the banner tries to pertray.. the IIIc only has 16 colors where as the banner probably has either 256 or thousands of colors.

jsm

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
Damnit. I have been looking for this damn ad and I have never seen it - and I work at Palm. DAMNIT. What the hell am I doing wrong?!