WoW + Star Citizen

ToySoldier

Dec 17, 2003
My girlfriend agreed to help me co-pilot my F7C-M 'Super Hornet and my RSI Constellation (when Star Citizen Alpha/Beta starts) if I play a Healer for her World of Warcraft group.

I google searched WoW + Healers but it can be a little overwhelming.

Can anyone post some good tutorial/build Healer links for WoW?!? Personal advice on playing a Healer perhaps?

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Noxxic is kind of like reading a table of contents for the encyclopedia of healing, meaning it is a decent place to to go after you decided you want to heal.

I'm going to assume that you know the basics of wow in some form. What I would look into first is what type of healing style do you want to do. The short version is are you a reactive player or a preemptive player. Once you decide that it cuts down on which class you want to level.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Put heals on your hotbar. Cast them as your friends health nears 0 (preferably before it reaches 0). Blame tank and DPS if you wipe.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
Ive only healed as a priest so far. Thinking of trying shammy next. Its actually pretty easy with all the different add-ons you can use.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
spam flash heals until out of mana. Blame dps for not killing boss fast enough once you're out of mana. Also dot everything you see to help dps.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well you don't really need her in the superhornet, but you do in the constellation. The only reason for her in the superhornet would be for command/control type actions (thing squad commander where you can focus on the strategic side of the combat taking place as opposed to the two enemy pilots that are currently shooting directly at you).

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Thanks for the tips. I'm going with Holy Priest. I found a decent website to help guide me in addition to the one posted earlier:

http://www.HealingWoW.com/

Just a heads up holy priests are currently the worst of all the healing classes atm and it will most likely stay that way for the remainder of this xpac (so at least until the end of this year at the earliest). Priest is a good option overall though. Disc is the top healing spec atm with holy pallys next and druids/monks after that. If her group is a 10man I'd suggest a holy pally as they are probably the easiest to play. A paladin would also give you the option to try both tanking and dps if you had the itch (so would monk). A bonus for monks would be the bonus to exp gain while leveling so that would go quicker. Then again all of this is pretty moot if they are a really casual guild with no real aspirations to clear normal SoO. In the end though it is all about having fun.

Some follow up stuff:

Do you know what type of healers you will be healing with and if you are doing 10 or 25?

If you are looking to be the most powerful healer that you can possibly be in 10 or 25 man raids I would completely suggest a disc priest as they are far and away the most dominant.

If you are doing 10s and the other healer is a disc priest I would suggest either a resto druid or a holy pally.

If you are doing 25s or 10hm a resto shaman is a great choice.

Whatever you do I implore you to not go holy priest as it will only end in frustration as you watch everyone die because the class cannot efficiently group heal or single target heal. You'll burn through your mana and still have dead people.

Next part (yes it is raidbots, flame if you will, only using it for its generality of data)

normal mode data is quite similar
10hm healer data - http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/10H/100/14/60/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111
25hm healer data - http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25H/100/14/60/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

Short version of the data is that holy priests are doing half the healing of the other classes/spec regardless of boss, raid or difficulty.

Last edited:

ToySoldier

Dec 17, 2003
I understand, but I'm ok being just a dedicated Healer and defending myself. I kind of like the idea of taking on the role of a thankless position. :) It will prep me for the next major expansion. Between WoW and Star Citizen... I will NEVER have time to play Galactic Civilizations 3... *heavy sigh*

Hopefully I can return the favor to her in my Connie. I am going to have my 6 year old son manning one of the turrets. :) Probably the top one. I'm DYING to know how good the AI NPCs are going to be.

It's just a matter of time before the flight suits turn into Mark xx Iron Man options

ToySoldier

Dec 17, 2003
Next part (yes it is raidbots, flame if you will, only using it for its generality of data)

normal mode data is quite similar
10hm healer data - http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/10H/100/14/60/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111
25hm healer data - http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25H/100/14/60/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

Short version of the data is that holy priests are doing half the healing of the other classes/spec regardless of boss, raid or difficulty.

Hhmm interesting. Thanks I need to talk to her about this.