WoW Questions

marcello

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
So nearly everyone seems to be playing this game, but I haven't tried it out yet. I'm wondering if I should. I used to play Diablo II a LOT and I loved that game. Are there similarites between the games? It seems like it from what I've read and I've been waiting for another game like DII to come out for years and Sacred didn't do it for me. Any input, links, insight would be greatly appreciated.

etalns

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2001
I'm finding WoW to be very fun, you're not going to see just how enj oyable an MMORPG is until you've tried out the high end game, though. So you'll need to get 60 first and get a good guild.

marcello

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
Any more indepth comments? For example: how does the high end game work/how is it different? Or links to decent sites that explain this. Thanks

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I just quit yesterday... amazing game, but it just sucked me in too much. I was skipping classes and missing out on life.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: marcello
Any more indepth comments? For example: how does the high end game work/how is it different? Or links to decent sites that explain this. Thanks

Highend game is typically raid content... which means multiple groups of people going after the same boss/task.

marcello

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
Is it like Diablo in that it's a hack and slash type RPG? Is it somewhere between Everquest and Diablo? It's not like old Warcraft games, right? It's more like DII and Everquest?

Zanix

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: joshsquall
I just quit yesterday... amazing game, but it just sucked me in too much. I was skipping classes and missing out on life.

WoW is life!!!11

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
I believe there is a diablo-like MMORPG coming out soon. i don't remember the title but it might be guild wars. That might be more your playing style.

WoW is more like diablo and morrowind had a mutant child together.

UlricT

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2002
it will suck you in and never let you go... joshsquall is just going through something temporary. He WILL be back!

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: torpid
I believe there is a diablo-like MMORPG coming out soon. i don't remember the title but it might be guild wars. That might be more your playing style.

I'm replaying Morrowind right now. I can't get enough.

marcello

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004

Is it more strategy based or quest based? I watched my friend play morrowind a lot and it seemed pretty sick, but there was too much pointless running from one area to another in my opinion.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Qosis
I'm finding WoW to be very fun, you're not going to see just how enj oyable an MMORPG is until you've tried out the high end game, though. So you'll need to get 60 first and get a good guild.

lvl 60? LOL!

I am in a good guild (we are all on voice chat) and I am lvl 34. It is very fun, having ganking sessions, retaliation for ganking of your younger bretheren, then camping their bodies for an eternity, posting lookouts all around to see where the resurrect.

I am on a PvP server though... which I love. (Shattered Hand)

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Coquito

I'm replaying Morrowind right now. I can't get enough.

Giuld Wars.
hehe it's not really an mmorpg as there is no monthly fee, but however, you have to pay for the updates which come frequently (they say they'll come out at a rate of once per half year).

IT's like diablo, but it's more like diablo + group vs group pvp + group raids.

There's no centralized servers, and only a few people can join each server at a time (like diablo, but more people, i think like up to 100? I'm not sure)

Most people see it as the side game to take a break from the grind of an mmorpg

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
So nearly everyone seems to be playing this game, but I haven't tried it out yet. I'm wondering if I should. I used to play Diablo II a LOT and I loved that game. Are there similarites between the games? It seems like it from what I've read and I've been waiting for another game like DII to come out for years and Sacred didn't do it for me. Any input, links, insight would be greatly appreciated.

Wow is a MMORPG. It's just like Everquest, but without the crappy interface, controls, bugs, server problems, and abundance of assholes. I like it. So does my wife. Now I have to buy another account just for her..

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003

Is it more strategy based or quest based? I watched my friend play morrowind a lot and it seemed pretty sick, but there was too much pointless running from one area to another in my opinion.

I don't know, sorry. You'll have to do the research yourself. I can only say that it is much more like diablo in gameplay than WoW according to many of my friends who beta tested it, and according to what I have read.