Wow, one of the guys I work with went home for lunch yesterday and found his wife murdered.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
I told my wife that if somehow she died under auspicious terms like that, her parents would immediately think I killed her. They're like that...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Kanalua
I told my wife that if somehow she died under auspicious terms like that, her parents would immediately think I killed her. They're like that...
You're going to have to plan it with a good aliby then!

Just make sure not to raise her life insurance coverage before you do it; that's a big give away to the cops!

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
"There is . . . no evidence to indicate that anyone in the community should be in fear," Poteet said. "This is an isolated incident."

I love that crap. If it wasn't the hubby that did it (and I really doubt he did, just because of the "went home for lunch" part... The timing would be way too tight..) then whoever did it may just be randomly knocking on doors!

My question is that if the Police tell everyone it's an "isolated incident", then can the family of the next victim sue the cops? :Q

grrl

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Kanalua

I think you mean "suspicious terms", but even that seems a bit wrong. Maybe "violent" would be a better word.

imported_Papi

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2002
That has got to be the worst thing ever to come home to.

My sympathies go out to him and his infant daughter.

Spikesoldier

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
maybe he will pull a max payne and pwn everyone associated with the murder and everyone in his way of finding out

Sheesh, God help the person that ever thought about doing that to my family....
I have nothing else, I would devote my life to punishing that SOB.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: DurocShark
"There is . . . no evidence to indicate that anyone in the community should be in fear," Poteet said. "This is an isolated incident."

I love that crap. If it wasn't the hubby that did it (and I really doubt he did, just because of the "went home for lunch" part... The timing would be way too tight..) then whoever did it may just be randomly knocking on doors!

My question is that if the Police tell everyone it's an "isolated incident", then can the family of the next victim sue the cops? :Q

Nope. The police arent legally responsible for your protection. The name of the USSC case that decided this has momentarily escaped me, but I'll think of it... or Amused will post in this thread, one of the two

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Seems very interesting that the Police and the reporters have already deemed this an "isolated incident" as noted above....almost as if they are just going to assume it was the husband, however I must agree that the circumstances seem a little odd (he happened to find her, there was no sign of struggle or forceful entry...etc)....

I agree, if something like this happened to me with my fiancee I know her parents would suspect me...just seems fisy or at least with the info they are providing....

With re. house prices here in Boston you can get a nice outhouse for about 300K...it is stupid expensive

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Elemental007
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
I wan't kidding in my post, odds are better than not that when something like this happens it's the spouse that's behind it. We'll see, though. If he's not, my condolences.
That is the definite bias you get from the newspaper article. Especially how they kept on emphasizing she was pregnant. In this country you are innocent until proven guilty though. But this is not a thread for accusations.

No indication of any break end, husband went home to check on wife. I would imagine she is insured as well...I definitely would not want to be in the husbands shoes whether he did it or not.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: Elemental007
I wan't kidding in my post, odds are better than not that when something like this happens it's the spouse that's behind it. We'll see, though. If he's not, my condolences.
That is the definite bias you get from the newspaper article. Especially how they kept on emphasizing she was pregnant. In this country you are innocent until proven guilty though. But this is not a thread for accusations.

No indication of any break end, husband went home to check on wife. I would imagine she is insured as well...I definitely would not want to be in the husbands shoes whether he did it or not.

Yeah...definitely :( to hear about her murder but, hmm...offering up more possibility/rumor...an affair going on and he caught her?

Dunno...all just pure conjecture until the investigation is complete. Sure hope your co-worker has a good group of friends/family to get him through this, though.

TravisT

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2002
Well, i'm not sure if it was the husband at all. I don't think the part of not having to use force to get inside would have any bearing at all. SImply because, how many of us when we hear someone knock on our door we run to open it? Possibly it was someone they knew, or even if they didn't it wouldn't leave any evidence if a man just pushed the door open and walked in. Then just stabbed her and walked out.

I don't really want to accuse the husband, not saying its definitely not him, but I hope they got some sort of evidence of from the time he left his work, to the time of her death (or vice versa). They should have been able to give a rough estimate of how long she was dead prior to the police arriving. If he killed her, it will be noticeable.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001

I was just about to say that. Especially if there's no sign of entry or anything stolen. It's a terrible thing though :(

lilFajita

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2002
man, my parents live in Round Rock, near that very subdivision. This is really scary. I really do hope it is isolated... :(

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Who gives a sh|t how much the home is worth in cali? This thread isnt about cali.

Contrary to popular opinion, 99% of the countries population doesnt care what happens in california or even if the entire state dropped off the continent.

Get over yourself already.

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
Maybe he was having an affair with her best friend and the best friend had enough of this wife being in the picture !??!?

I dont know.. that really sucks..

Darkstar757

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
That is so sad.

I would empty my account to kill that bastard

One TOW MISSLE

HOOOOOOOOO RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:|:(

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
After reading that I hope your co-worker has a good alibi. Like to the minute Husbands are carefully scrutinized after murders such as this one. Regardless 35 is to young to die. I feel the most sorry for the child. They will never know their mother:(