Wow, my friend just got his gas and electric bill

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Damn. My latest gas bill was $160, which is quite high for our little house.

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
Wow, he needs to turn down the thermostat. We just got ours and its $155, gas and electric. When will it get warmer?

Actaully, they are saying by next weekend we could see the freezing mark. :D

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
the 4 bills for my previous apartment hovered around $10 per bill....of course this was because the electric wheel the meter man reads broke and they never bothered to come around and fix it

it was great screwing CA electric for once :D

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: optoman
When will it get warmer?
by Summer for sure.

Then you'll be complaining about your cooling billz. :p

rolleye.gif

Our heating and cooling bills stay well under $100 a month . . . gotta love SoCal. :)

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Cheap bills here in Seattle, electric is usually uner $60 for my apartment (pretty large apartment) so we can't complain. Been sorta cold, but nothing like the east coast.

-spike

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
I am lucky, kinda, my gas company does budgeting so we always pay a constant bill. then once a year we have to pay off the extra that isn't in the budget.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Wow, he needs to turn down the thermostat. We just got ours and its $155, gas and electric. When will it get warmer?

He alleges that he keeps his house at 65!

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
How big is his house? Was it an actual meter read or was it estimated? I keep the house at around 68 when were home and then it drops to about 60 during the day and while we are sleeping.

Our summer bills are not that high here. Usually around $70-90 depending how hot the months get. Having natural gas prices double is a killer on anyones budget.

JHawk

Mar 14, 2001
My gas bill is about $100/month more than last year for appromimately the same useage.:disgust:

Ynog

Golden Member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Riprorin

He alleges that he keeps his house at 65!

Whats the size of his house.
My gas and electric usually is around 125, and I do keep it at 65.

My latest gas AND electric bill (same company...grr...consolidation) was $56. :)

I love energy efficiency. Plus, I just put in a programmable thermostat last fall.

thenerdguy

Jan 24, 2003
My gas and electric ill
$60.00 for electric

Gas was $10.25

I use a out door furnace to heat my pad. :) i just go and kill trees in the summer and im all set for winter. :)

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Originally posted by: JHawk
My gas bill is about $100/month more than last year for appromimately the same useage.:disgust:
I am so sick of these mofo's, there must be a way to heat our houses for cheaper.

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003
Originally posted by: thenerdguy
My gas and electric ill
$60.00 for electric

Gas was $10.25

I use a out door furnace to heat my pad. :) i just go and kill trees in the summer and im all set for winter. :)

I've thought about getting one of those outdoors furnaces. How much was it installed?? Do you get any smoke smell in the house? How much wood do you go through. I just built a house on 6.5 acres of nothing but woods. I have lots of trees I need to cut up....

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
I live in a 2 bedroom condo. Each room has its own thermostat, including the bathroom. I turn all my heat to very low at nite.. and only keep it high in the living room when i am home.. Just being wise and saving money.
The owner of the unit downstairs comes to my door to chat and says that his tenant is complaining about her electricity rate/bill and wants him to reduce her rent. So we compared Kilowatt hours.. OMG .. she was using 7 times as much. My bill in December was $54.00.. hers was $358.00. He was like, that B!tch downstairs is trying to take me for a ride.. people are funny !

G:Q:QGLY M:Q:QGLY .. Some people don't know how to economize.

thenerdguy

Jan 24, 2003
It was $11,000 but it was installed 8 years ago.
Its placed about 50 FT away from my house i got the extra long stack on it and no i dont smell smoke.
I also heat my water with it. I use about a cord of wood every winter month. In the summer i might use a cord of wood all summer.
I have a forest on my place so i can cut as much wood as i want. :)

I really like it when the power goes out. Ive got a 10 hour battery setup for the blower and four batteries in case the power is off longer. :)

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003
Thanks for the reply. Guess it makes sense if you are going to live there for a long time and have plenty of free wood to cut......