Wow. My credit card bills went down. My medical bills went down. Just about everything went down.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BigJelly
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Ok, your credit card debit is Bush's fault?

Is this thing on? Hello, hello?

Maybe not, but when he promises to lower your bills, and then doesn't, I don't think it's out of line to hold him accountable for THAT.

Bush could cut your future credit card bills here's how:

Bush personally goes out and finds idiots that carry credit card debt. Takes their credit cards and cuts them up. Then tells the moron "if you can't afford it, don't buy it on credit, save up for it then buy it WITHOUT interest." Then he'll put a bottle in your mouth and tuck you in to bed.

FFS people blaming bush on credit card debt; you guys need serious help.

:thumbsup: This about covers it. Just the same old liberal whining.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Originally posted by: techs
Has your credit card bill gone down? Medical bills gone down?
Isn't that what the Bushies promised us with their bankruptcy "reform" and tort "reform"?
Or did corporations just get the benefit of these bills?

Maybe not, but when he promises to lower your bills, and then doesn't, I don't think it's out of line to hold him accountable for THAT.

As I recall, Piablemouse is a nurse so he's probably attacking the premise because of the healthcare portion of it. Even though he didn't attack that part it looks to me to be a case of "whose bull is being gored".

LOL, I'm a nurse, and I make good money, and I work my goddamn ass off too.

I rest my case.

Now see that's BS, I'm supposed to save lives, work 60 hour weeks & get paid shit for wages?

Do something with your lives instead of bitch and demand handouts.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: techs
Has your credit card bill gone down? Medical bills gone down?
Isn't that what the Bushies promised us with their bankruptcy "reform" and tort "reform"?
Or did corporations just get the benefit of these bills?

As I recall, Piablemouse is a nurse so he's probably attacking the premise because of the healthcare portion of it. Even though he didn't attack that part it looks to me to be a case of "whose bull is being gored".

LOL, I'm a nurse, and I make good money, and I work my goddamn ass off too.

I rest my case.

Now see that's BS, I'm supposed to save lives, work 60 hour weeks & get paid shit for wages?

Do something with your lives instead of bitch and demand handouts.

Yeah sure, you work 60 hours a week, week in and week out. Even if your claim is true (and I don't believe it for a NY minute), do you think your the only one who works hard? Get over yourself.

If true your the only nurse I know that does that. Most only work 3 or 4 days a week. I worked 50 to 60 hours a week as a machinist for over 20 years and farmed in my spare time. I've had to have both shoulders recontructed and both knees scoped, my back is screwed up in two places and I live in constant pain. Then since I live in a right to work state, they fired me when another big employer in town closed up and replaced me with a younger, healthier worker. Now I can't get a job with insurance, no one will hire me, so I'm scraping by farming.

I kept my COBRA insurance as long as I could and it was costing me $320/month for the whole family. When it ran out I had my neighbor (sells all kinds on insurance) check into health insurance for me. It would have cost me $750/month and it only covered me. That was 8 years ago, I haven't checked prices lately, but it's probably double that by now.

You know, I could be out to the farm and get bit by a mosquito and get that disease (can't remember the name of the top of my head) and get sick enough to lose everything. I know people that have spent over 6 months in the hospital with that illness.

So go ahead and LOL at me and accuse me of looking for handouts, but from where I sit your overpaid and underworked. :p

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Shivetya
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
Oh, and i don't have a medical bill, i live in a first world country.

hahaha

you have a medical bill day in and day out. the government simply relies on your ignorance to pass it off as free.

its similar how the income tax works in America, people are used to their take home pay, the government focuses them on it instead of the theft of their real pay

Yeah and that is why the US government spends more per capita on healthcare than any EU country?

a lot of it is elective too.

You can choose to pay taxes as you please? That is the part i'm talking about, your government pays more and so do you via the taxes you pay.

For the taxpayer, the most expensive system seems to be the one you have implemented in the US.

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005

hahaha

you have a medical bill day in and day out. the government simply relies on your ignorance to pass it off as free.

its similar how the income tax works in America, people are used to their take home pay, the government focuses them on it instead of the theft of their real pay

Yeah and that is why the US government spends more per capita on healthcare than any EU country?

You can choose to pay taxes as you please? That is the part i'm talking about, your government pays more and so do you via the taxes you pay.

For the taxpayer, the most expensive system seems to be the one you have implemented in the US.

your obviously too stupid to understand what I wrote.

I was not talking about taxes in that statement.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Ummm....I work at a hospital and trust me....Moose isn't lying about the hours he puts in. I know many many many nurses who easily work that much on a weekly basis. Especially the ones in the ER/Trauma department.

There may be a few who only work the standard 40 hour work week, but I would say it is less than 10% of the nurses here who do that.

Jun 26, 2007
I'm not even talking about insurance paid by you or your company, your tax money is what i am talking about, your government spends more money on healthcare per capita using YOUR tax money than any other nation.

And it's still not universal, i can see how it would get more expensive for the US if it was though. Wake up with a headache and you run to the doctor.

I haven't visited a doctor in 16 years, no one in the rest of the world visits a doctor for your common cold or because you need your god damned blood checked, we go when we have broken bones and such.

We don't have the time to waste in the waiting room, we're busy enjoying our life.

Jun 26, 2007

hahaha

your obviously too stupid to understand what I wrote.

I was not talking about taxes in that statement.

Oh i got what you meant, it's just that apart from that you STILL pay more for your healthcare via taxes than any other nation.

We have universal healthcare and we pay less via our taxes than you do.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Ummm....I work at a hospital and trust me....Moose isn't lying about the hours he puts in. I know many many many nurses who easily work that much on a weekly basis. Especially the ones in the ER/Trauma department.

There may be a few who only work the standard 40 hour work week, but I would say it is less than 10% of the nurses here who do that.

My wife and I have a friend who was a nurse in the IC unit here. She's moved to a better job and her husband (who used to work where I worked) just does independant contracting work now.

When she was here she worked three 12's one week and then four 10's the next. I still know some nurses and that is still the standard week here, unless someone wants some vacation then you can get OT if you want it.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

My wife and I have a friend who was a nurse in the IC unit here. She's moved to a better job and her husband (who used to work where I worked) just does independant contracting work now.

When she was here she worked three 12's one week and then four 10's the next. I still know some nurses and that is still the standard week here, unless someone wants some vacation then you can get OT if you want it.

That is rare.

There is a nursing shortage in most of the country. Especially bad here. Forces us to use a lot of traveling or agency nurses.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

That is rare.

There is a nursing shortage in most of the country. Especially bad here. Forces us to use a lot of traveling or agency nurses.

Instead of letting 20 million illegals come into the country, putting a major drag on our resources, we should be recuriting all kinds of professioanls, Doctors, nurses, etc. to come here legally. Instead we make them wait in line and open our doors to people whose only saving grace is that they're willing to work cheap.