Wow. My credit card bills went down. My medical bills went down. Just about everything went down.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Has your credit card bill gone down? Medical bills gone down?
Isn't that what the Bushies promised us with their bankruptcy "reform" and tort "reform"?
Or did corporations just get the benefit of these bills?

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Ok, your credit card debit is Bush's fault?

Is this thing on? Hello, hello?

be happy he didn't blame it on global warming too :p

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: techs
Isn't that what the Bushies promised us with their bankruptcy "reform" and tort "reform"?

Ironically, Capital One is now repricing their whole portfolio to up-price a large number of accounts to account for increasing delinquencies and defaults in their master trust. Isn't that what the reform was supposed to cure?

There is no difference, just more profit raked in by companies.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Maybe not, but when he promises to lower your bills, and then doesn't, I don't think it's out of line to hold him accountable for THAT.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
it doesn't work if you run them up faster than someone else who says they will lower them.

shame on you for believing anything that comes out of any politicians mouth.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Wheezer
it doesn't work if you run them up faster than someone else who says they will lower them.

Who believed Bush the first time around? Pretty much everything he says is bullshit, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be called on it.

LongTimePCUser

Jul 1, 2000
Didn't you listen? The bankruptcy reform was to protect the credit card companies by squeezing the last penny out of people who ran up bills and then found they couldn't pay. Especially from those people who lost their jobs or had a medical emergency and recklessly ran up big bills by trying to stay alive.

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Rainsford

Maybe not, but when he promises to lower your bills, and then doesn't, I don't think it's out of line to hold him accountable for THAT.

Bush could cut your future credit card bills here's how:

Bush personally goes out and finds idiots that carry credit card debt. Takes their credit cards and cuts them up. Then tells the moron "if you can't afford it, don't buy it on credit, save up for it then buy it WITHOUT interest." Then he'll put a bottle in your mouth and tuck you in to bed.

FFS people blaming bush on credit card debt; you guys need serious help.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: BigJelly
FFS people blaming bush on credit card debt; you guys need serious help.

Nutroots have an ample supply of crazy. Hatred and vitriol are in due course, but it seems for the moment credit card debt tames the savage beast.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Wow, blaming credit card bills on the Bush administration, thats a new one.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Wait?. You mean the government came up with a solution to a problem and that solution didn?t work??!?!?! OH MY GOD!!!!!

I can?t wait until we get universal healthcare and all you libs see how much the government screws it up and start to bitch about it.

MrPabulum

Platinum Member
Jul 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Wheezer

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Here's a thought for the masses: SPEND WITHIN YOUR MEANS STUPID!

/endoflesson

Tomorrow's lesson: Resisting the urge to stick your hand into a moving blender.
Wednesday's Lesson: Resisting the urge to stick metal objects into power sockets.
Thursday's Lesson: Your friend just jumped off a bridge... Should you follow?
Friday's Special Exposé: Bridges, and the people who sell them.

:roll:

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: JD50

nope, it's par for the course. "Bush's Fault" is a mantra applied toward's anything that goes wrong.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: daveymark
Originally posted by: JD50

nope, it's par for the course. "Bush's Fault" is a mantra applied toward's anything that goes wrong.

I surely hope you guys are just being sarcastic because the obvious reason for his statement is the credit card companies rates, not the bill in itself.

If you truly don't get that then you are ignorant shills...

Oh... wait... you are, aren't you?

*sigh*

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
Oh, and i don't have a medical bill, i live in a first world country.

hahaha

you have a medical bill day in and day out. the government simply relies on your ignorance to pass it off as free.

its similar how the income tax works in America, people are used to their take home pay, the government focuses them on it instead of the theft of their real pay

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Shivetya

hahaha

you have a medical bill day in and day out. the government simply relies on your ignorance to pass it off as free.

its similar how the income tax works in America, people are used to their take home pay, the government focuses them on it instead of the theft of their real pay

Yeah and that is why the US government spends more per capita on healthcare than any EU country?

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005

hahaha

Yeah and that is why the US government spends more per capita on healthcare than any EU country?

a lot of it is elective too.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

As I recall, Piablemouse is a nurse so he's probably attacking the premise because of the healthcare portion of it. Even though he didn't attack that part it looks to me to be a case of "whose bull is being gored".

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

hahaha

a lot of it is elective too.

Yes, we all know that bigger, firmer boobs are more important then cancer treatment for full time working people that can't afford the high cost of insurance.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

As I recall, Piablemouse is a nurse so he's probably attacking the premise because of the healthcare portion of it. Even though he didn't attack that part it looks to me to be a case of "whose bull is being gored".

LOL, I'm a nurse, and I make good money, and I work my goddamn ass off too. I starved during college years so I could have health insurance and a decent retirement someday.

So guess what? I'm not sympathetic to anyone that didn't pay their dues and then demand a handout from my tax dollars.

I also worked for the Veteran's Admin for 20 years, the prototype for a universal health care system, it'd be great for me, because I'll guarantee I'd get my health care needs taken care of as I'd be able to work the system, the rest of you slobs are gonna be shocked.

As far as CC debit, you nut jobs are on your own. If you're not smart enough to manage your own finances, think of it as financial Darwinism.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
hahaha

Way to miss the point! Divert all you want, the fact remains that in most of the industrialized world, people spend much less on health care, whether through taxes or personal/employer payment, while getting better care and better outcomes. We Americans spend more, get less, and leave millions of people without routine care. It's a pretty sad commentary on the self-proclaimed best country on the planet.

Either way, it's still a hell of a lot more than most people in the world earn. Your problem is you're a pessimist, a glass-is-half-full defeatist. You fixate on the tax withheld (childishly calling it "theft", for crying out loud) instead of recognizing that your fabulous base pay wouldn't be possible without the extraordinary physical, financial, and educational infrastructure funded in large part by that "theft". Your taxes are the dues you pay for living in an industrialized country that gives you the opportunity to earn more than thirty cents an hour. (And the dues in the U.S. are among the lowest of comparable industrialized nations, by the way.)

If you truly can't stomach the "theft" (*snicker*), you're always free to move to some third-world tax utopia. You won't, of course, because when you're done with your rants and hand-wringing about "high" taxes, you still realize your standard of living is far higher here, not in spite of our taxes, but because of them. Your complaints are based purely on selfishness and greed, nothing more.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

LOL, I'm a nurse, and I make good money, and I work my goddamn ass off too.

I rest my case.