Wow...just wow..

atybimf

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2005
I was chatting on AIM last night when my friend said she heard sirens outside her house. I found out later that night that another friend of mine who lived across the street from the first friend had shot himself in his basement. This is really fvcked up. He was gone just like that. I don't know why he did it. His life seemed to be going well. He was the starting QB on the freshman team and he had lots of friends. I just can't believe it. I remember being around him and I could have never fathomed he would take his own life so suddenley like this. I'm just amazed that someone could do something like that. Something must have been really messed up for him to do this. I'd just like ATOT's prayers to be with his family.

RIP Dylan. :(
rose.gif

Edit: I just found out that he used his dad's shotgun to do it after an arguement with his mom. He blew his head off. His mom was the first person to see. Wow this is so fvcked up..

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I don't respect his decision to take his own life. That being said it's a shame that he did.

RIP.

atybimf

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2005
Originally posted by: BigJ
I don't respect his decision to take his own life. That being said it's a shame that he did.

RIP.

Neither do I. And I can't even fathom the reason he did it. NO ONE saw any signs whatsoever. We're all in disbelief.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: atybimf

RIP.

Neither do I. And I can't even fathom the reason he did it. NO ONE saw any signs whatsoever. We're all in disbelief.

Most of us that do deal with depression don't show many signs of it to other people. It's not unusual for a person to take their life and not have anyone around them to have the slightest clue as to why.

atybimf

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2005
Originally posted by: zephyrprime
Did he used to take antidepressants by chance?

I don't really know. Or care at this point.

Originally posted by: atybimf

RIP.

Most of us that do deal with depression don't show many signs of it to other people. It's not unusual for a person to take their life and not have anyone around them to have the slightest clue as to why.

Yeah, it's really fvcked up.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
Damit! He wasn't even old enough to know what lifes about

I have a son that age and hearing this made me cry and I don't even know him, I can't imagine the grief his parents are going through:(

rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif

atybimf

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2005
Originally posted by: GuitarDaddy
Damit! He wasn't even old enough to know what lifes about

I have a son that age and hearing this made me cry and I don't even know him, I can't imagine the grief his parents are going through:(

rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif

It was so fvcked up. They [his family] were there when it happened. They heard the gunshot, but none of them wanted to go down to see what it was because they knew Dylan was down there and he didn't respond when they called down. His mom was the first to go down and see. Goddamn..

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
My thoughts and prayers are w/ his family atybimf
rose.gif
:(

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Its sad, and selfish too.

He hurt the lives of so many people that cared about him. His mom and Dad, friends :(

atybimf

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2005
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Wow, he was the starting QB too, eh? He must've had a pretty dramatic reason to do such a thing.

Yeah, he was the type of kid who was in all the sports. He had a great future in front of him. It's just terrible.

Thanks to everyone for the support.

Crescent13

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Sorry man. I almost killed myself once, I'm 14, I was sooo close, Just so much pressure and stress, I just wanted to end it all, but I decided not to. And I'm glad now that I didn't. Again I'm sorry :(