Wow! Jack Cafferty not spewing Liberal drivel?

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I'm in shock!

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Well, that didn't take long. Three weeks into the new administration and the Democrats are squandering their advantage and threatening to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Credit House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for getting the ball rolling. Under her leadership, House Democrats excluded Republicans from having any voice in crafting the stimulus package.

Acting like children who hadn't seen Santa Claus for eight years, House Democrats busily loaded up the bill with stuff they had been unable to get for eight years. It was payback time.

Contraception, funding for the arts, restoration of the national mall, stop-smoking programs. All while Americans lose their homes, their jobs, and their savings. It was both childish and disgraceful.

Apparently tone deaf to the disgust and disappointment of Americans with the bailout package for Wall Street and the banks last year, as well as the voters' strongly stated desire for change as represented by the election of Barack Obama, House Democrats set the table for failure -- again.

Not a single Republican in the House voted for the bill, despite efforts by our new president to reach out to the other side. Nancy Pelosi strikes again.

When asked if the lack of Republican support was at least partly her fault, she gave some snotty answer about not being partisan but working for the American people. Right.

My guess is President Obama is busy these days sticking pins in his Nancy Pelosi doll. To his credit, Obama argued against a lot of the pork while stressing that time is our enemy. Pelosi could care less.

As the legislation headed for the Senate amid cries for more stimulus and less pork, the Republicans pounced. Sensing yet another Democratic miscalculation, the Republicans seized the advantage in the debate.

They want more tax cuts and more real stimulus -- stuff that will create jobs now. Not some pie in the sky proposal that may pay dividends years down the road. And they're right.

The real game starts if and when the Senate passes a bill devoid of a bunch of the garbage the House Democrats stuffed into it. Then it goes to a conference committee where the drama will be whether, in a grand twist of irony, President Obama and the Republicans wind up aligned against members of the Democratic Party in an effort to get something realistic on the table before the economy simply slides the rest of the way into a deep crevasse.

Meanwhile, angry voters are jamming Capitol Hill phone lines screaming about the politics as usual that is so far the hallmark of the new administration. Welcome to Washington, Mr. Obama.

When it comes to the Democrats under Nancy Pelosi, what was it Pogo used to say? "We have met the enemy and it is us."

Wow, I don't think I've ever agreed with anything Cafferty has written.

One thing is for certain, I think the Dems would be wise to find new, young, energetic, centrist leaders in both the House and Senate. I think it would do wonders for progress.

How about two people who have paid their taxes and think with just a little common sense?

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Sawyer
Impossible...most ethical ever!

what does being an idiot have to do with ethics.

alo, i've never seen cafferty as being particularly liberal, at least not in the political hack style seen elsewhere.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
I was just going to post this ... but you beat me to it. OP, from your post it sounds like you DO NOT agree with this guy. I an an independent who voted for Obama (NOT Pelosi). I think Cafferty is spot on with his assessment of the dems right now. Pelosi is an angry, dried-out old witch who is so bitter (at the reublicans) that it is blinding her. I especially like this:

"When asked if the lack of Republican support was at least partly her fault, she gave some snotty answer about not being partisan but working for the American people. Right.

My guess is President Obama is busy these days sticking pins in his Nancy Pelosi doll. To his credit, Obama argued against a lot of the pork while stressing that time is our enemy. Pelosi could care less."

The best thing the dems can do is get rid of Pelosi.

"We have met the enemy and it is us."

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: dud
I was just going to post this ... but you beat me to it. OP, from your post it sounds like you DO NOT agree with this guy. I an an independent who voted for Obama (NOT Pelosi). I think Cafferty is spot on with his assessment of the dems right now. Pelosi is an angry, dried-out old witch who is so bitter (at the reublicans) that it is blinding her. I especially like this:

"When asked if the lack of Republican support was at least partly her fault, she gave some snotty answer about not being partisan but working for the American people. Right.

My guess is President Obama is busy these days sticking pins in his Nancy Pelosi doll. To his credit, Obama argued against a lot of the pork while stressing that time is our enemy. Pelosi could care less."

I usually do not agree with him but I do with this article.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
you people seem to have mistaken cafferty as someone who spews liberal drivel... he's not. he's a guy who speaks the truth and calls people out on being morons.... it just so happens that republicans have buttfucked our country into oblivion for almost the past decade.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Pelosi sounds like a lot of dem posters on this board. They view this as their opportunity for "payback" for the past instead of focusing on what they can do for the country. If they continue on that path, they will self-destruct and will end up losing the advantage that the disastrous Bush administration gave them.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Originally posted by: dud

I usually do not agree with him but I do with this article.

Me too. Even die hard libs like myself can easily see Pelosi is Poison, Reid too. They both need to go. I will tell you this as well... If Obama starts bowing down to those two numbnuts he will lose support and the next election. Those 2 are the opposite of change. They are as bad to teh dems as Bush was to the reps.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Originally posted by: eits
you people seem to have mistaken cafferty as someone who spews liberal drivel... he's not. he's a guy who speaks the truth and calls people out on being morons.... it just so happens that republicans have buttfucked our country into oblivion for almost the past decade.

Why are u blaming the rep. The dems voted for the war also. Once ya start something ya can't just stop. Go in blow them up and leave . Sounds good right. Shouldn't went in there to start with. Both parties agreed. So to did most Americans. If your referring to the economy It was the republicans who were against the Clinton bill that caused the housing bubble.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
Originally posted by: eits

Why are u blaming the rep. The dems voted for the war also. Once ya start something ya can't just stop. Go in blow them up and leave . Sounds good right. Shouldn't went in there to start with. Both parties agreed. So to did most Americans. If your referring to the economy It was the republicans who were against the Clinton bill that caused the housing bubble.

Really ? Is that how you see what happened?

In the real world, Bush lied to congress and the american people about WMD's and threats of terror to get them behind the war that he wanted. Unless your referring to the economy, it was the republicans who fought regulation every step of the way.

Funny how perceptions are ....

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Acting like children who hadn't seen Santa Claus for eight years, House Democrats busily loaded up the bill with stuff they had been unable to get for eight years. It was payback time. Contraception, funding for the arts, restoration of the national mall, stop-smoking programs. All while Americans lose their homes, their jobs, and their savings. It was both childish and disgraceful.
Cafferty nailed it on the head. I guess after contending with the Republican majority for so long, House Democrats felt they deserved a little payback...there will be a time and a place for the Democrats to make up for lost time...a major economic crisis is not the time to play partisan politics.

The Democrats owe their solid majority to Obama, and Obama promised to change Washington politics...to usher in an era of bipartisan cooperation in the face of truly challenging times.

I said it weeks ago that Pelosi would be Obama's Achille's heel...seems the media talking heads are calling it that way as well.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
Acting like children who hadn't seen Santa Claus for eight years, House Democrats busily loaded up the bill with stuff they had been unable to get for eight years. It was payback time. Contraception, funding for the arts, restoration of the national mall, stop-smoking programs. All while Americans lose their homes, their jobs, and their savings. It was both childish and disgraceful.
Cafferty nailed it on the head. I guess after contending with the Republican majority for so long, House Democrats felt they deserved a little payback...there will be a time and a place for the Democrats to make up for lost time...a major economic crisis is not the time to play partisan politics.

The Democrats owe their solid majority to Obama, and Obama promised to change Washington politics...to usher in an era of bipartisan cooperation in the face of truly challenging times.

I said it weeks ago that Pelosi would be Obama's Achille's heel...seems the media talking heads are calling it that way as well.

Yup... Very direct and to the point - and true. Childish and disgraceful. Pelosi/Reid must burn.