Wow how nice, BFG and XFX 512mb GTX is 750.oo at newegg

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
14,276
4
81
They always overcharge the first couple days. They want to make as much as possible for the first rush of orders.
 

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
5,501
0
0
Well this is pretty disappointing, zipzoomfly has them for 729, still nearly 100 above an already inflated MSRP.

I was a reluctant taker at 650, but at 750 they can suck my d*ck
 

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
6,893
63
91
Originally posted by: Frackal
Well this is pretty disappointing, zipzoomfly has them for 729, still nearly 100 above an already inflated MSRP.

I was a reluctant taker at 650, but at 750 they can suck my d*ck

Suddenly I feel less guilty about dropping another 329 for a 7800GT to SLI :p
 

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
16,987
1
0
Originally posted by: Rage187
They always overcharge the first couple days. They want to make as much as possible for the first rush of orders.

That's capitalism :D
 

CaiNaM

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
3,718
0
0
Originally posted by: Frackal
What a joke.... where is MSRP or lower

a couple weeks away.

some seem to forget that for a week or two after 7800's original release, vendors were "gouging" the early adopters. that they are available now (as were the first 7800's) simply means vendors won't be able to gouge for long as every vendor will have them avail, and the competition will bring the price down quickly.

the reason xtpe's were way over (much more so than this) and for a longer period was there never was any availability..
 

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
5,501
0
0
The MSRP for the GTX 256 was/is 599 and that's what I paid for my BFG OC a few days out from release... honestly I'm pretty fking pissed about this because I would have gone in at 649. If it is 2-3 weeks away before it drops to merely MSRP 650 I'm not sure I'll get one period honestly, that means it'll be nearly a month before I have it which is one month closer to the next gen.
 

crazydingo

Golden Member
May 15, 2005
1,134
0
0
Originally posted by: Ronin
Yeah, because the X1800XT when it was available was @ MSRP, too, right? ;)

Please, this thread is flamebait. Let's keep it civil.
Um, who said it was? You are the one derailing this thread ... :confused:

In case you misunderstood, everybody is bashing Newegg.
 

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
16,987
1
0
Let's rejoice that we have a new launch of a top-notch video card, and you can actually buy it on the release date. ATi must really be reeling right about now...
 

Ronin

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
4,563
1
0
server.counter-strike.net
Originally posted by: crazydingo
Originally posted by: Ronin
Yeah, because the X1800XT when it was available was @ MSRP, too, right? ;)

Please, this thread is flamebait. Let's keep it civil.
Um, who said it was? You are the one derailing this thread ... :confused:

In case you misunderstood, everybody is bashing Newegg.

I guess context is too difficult for you to understand. Try harder next time. Flamebait is flamebait. It's not a conducive thread.
 

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
5,501
0
0
There is nothing wrong with complaining about a jacked up price, it's perfectly legitimate, the price is ridiculous, it's only 50 to 80 bucks short of 2x 256GTX
 

Ronin

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
4,563
1
0
server.counter-strike.net
Then stick to what you did. We don't need a thread about it. Call Newegg and complain and be done with it. This is a Video card forum, not a Video card vendor forum.
 

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
5,501
0
0
You're not the thought police around here, I can post about a card that is a great deal or about a card that is a ripoff ATM like the 512 seems to be.