wow...helluva way to come into the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new...oilet-onto-tracks.html

Passengers on the West Bengal Tata-Chapra Express raised the alarm when they saw Rinku Debi Ray, 28, jump from the speeding carriage in what they believed was a suicide attempt.

The train came to a halt more than a mile down the track, but when passengers ran back to help her, they discovered the new mother cradling her new baby in her arms.

Mrs Ray later explained she had been traveling to her parents home in Bihar, where she was planning to deliver her second child, with her husband Bhola and their four-year-old daughter, when she felt sharp pains in her abdomen.

She went into the lavatory hoping to relieve the pain, but instead suddenly gave birth. The baby fell into the lavatory bowl and through the flap onto the tracks under the speeding train, and her mother quickly ran out of the lavatory and jumped from the carriage to find the child.

Her husband, who pulled the emergency cord, and other passengers who saw her jump, said she injured herself in her leap, but managed to get up and start running back to where the child tumbled onto the track.

When the train came to a halt just over a mile down the line, Mr Roy and other passengers began searching for them. "We got off the train and started looking for my wife. After an hour we found Rinku sitting beside the track with the baby in her lap," said Bhola Roy, a 33 year old businessman from Rourkela, West Bengal.

His wife and new baby were transferred to Purelia district hospital where both are now recovering from their ordeal, while the railway station manager said the baby's survival was a "miracle".

sooo....what I got out of this is that the toilets on these trains dump right down onto the tracks?......I bet the housing values near train tracks are in the crapper.

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
I thought they quit doing that decades ago. emptying onto the tracks that is

keird

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: drum
I thought they quit doing that decades ago. emptying onto the tracks that is

Not in Europe. I know AmTrack uses holding tanks, as I've witnessed them overflow and get serviced at the next station.

Rhonda the Sly

Nov 22, 2007
Wait... the mother that just gave birth jumped out of a moving train while her husband sat back so he could pull the emergency cord? That's weak, incredibly so. He might as well kill himself now. Neither his wife nor his friends will let him live this down.

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Rhonda the Sly
Wait... the mother that just gave birth jumped out of a moving train while her husband sat back so he could pull the emergency cord? That's weak, incredibly so. He might as well kill himself now. Neither his wife nor his friends will let him live this down.

Article isn't clear on all the facts: I think she left the bathroom and jumped off the train. I don't know if the husband was there or not since most don't follow their wives into the bathroom.

I suppose she could have come out of the bathroom and said "Honey Dear, I believe we have an issue. I appear to have gone into labor and incredibly the baby popped out and onto the track. I believe you'll need to step up as a man and decide what the best course of action is" and he said "Well Love, I think you should jump off the train and I'll press this cord for help. Best of luck, hugs and kisses!"

But I imagine she ran out of the bathroom screaming "MY BABY! SHIT!" then jumped off the train.

Also : It's amazing that baby survived. That's one hell of a story to tell.

sutahz

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2007
I was going to call shens if this was in the US, but it's not, I stand corrected.

Originally posted by: Freshgeardude
pics of mother a couple days after birth?

I'll pass on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.