Wow! Go Amazon and Internet Commerce

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
After years of being advised by my dentist to start using a quality electric toothbrush I finally bit the bullet and ordered one. The one that he and my periodontist have been pushing on my is the Sonicare Elite.

I did what any self-respecting Internet addict would do - I jumped on the computer and started searching around. I started at Amazon and decided upon the Sonicare Elite e7300. It was listed at $90.00. I figured that I could probably do better so after shopping around a while I couldn't beat it. The Bricks&Morter stores that came closest were Target & Circuit City at $99.00+tax. Next best was Bed Bath & Beyond at $114.00. Best Buy and Macy's both had it "on-sale" for $119.00. LOL

No other retailer either B&M or online came close to Amazon's deal at $90.00 and NO SALES TAX (well, not up front anyway) AND FREE SHIPPING!!!

Yeah, I probably could've saved a few dinero if I waited around for a sale but, I need to start taking care of my teeth ASAP.

Ilmater

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2002
I'm sorry, but I fail to see how one toothbrush being cheaper online is a surprise to anyone.

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
My dad bought me one of those. I couldn't stand them. Regular toothbrush feels much nicer on the teeth and gums. I ended up giving it back.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Krazy4Real
:cookie:

is it sugar-free, because he just bought a toothebrush?

I've got that one as well and love it, the batteries in them are absolute garbage though

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Wait, so you can find deals shopping online? WHERE HAVE I BEEN!!!! :Q

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Now if they'd just lower the cost of their Kindle, I'd be happy.

$400 is just way to much.

Barrak

Jan 8, 2001
I love my sonicare! It takes a little to get used to it(about a week for me) but after it is the best. My last cleaning they hardly had to do anything.

Lorax

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2000
BBB w/ 20% coupon comes to ~91, add tax.

i picked one up from LnT back when there was a rebate, ended up paying around 40 for one.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
You can pretty much always get a better price on things online (with the exception of heavy or difficult to ship items), but that comes at a price. It's often much harder to return or exchange items (have to pay shipping etc), and depending on the merchant customer service can be very poor or non-existent. B&M stores have their pros and cons just like online places.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Amazon had 20% off Philip stuff if you use gift certificate to pay and using a code, but it expired yesterday. I just bought some GC and used it myself to get the promotion. :)

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
BBB price matches as well, so you could have PM'ed to CC at $99, then thrown the 20% coupon on top so it would have been $79 + tax

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: PokerGuy
You can pretty much always get a better price on things online (with the exception of heavy or difficult to ship items), but that comes at a price. It's often much harder to return or exchange items (have to pay shipping etc), and depending on the merchant customer service can be very poor or non-existent. B&M stores have their pros and cons just like online places.

That is true, but not with amazon =D

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Icepick
After years of being advised by my dentist to start using a quality electric toothbrush I finally bit the bullet and ordered one. The one that he and my periodontist have been pushing on my is the Sonicare Elite.

I did what any self-respecting Internet addict would do - I jumped on the computer and started searching around. I started at Amazon and decided upon the Sonicare Elite e7300. It was listed at $90.00. I figured that I could probably do better so after shopping around a while I couldn't beat it. The Bricks&Morter stores that came closest were Target & Circuit City at $99.00+tax. Next best was Bed Bath & Beyond at $114.00. Best Buy and Macy's both had it "on-sale" for $119.00. LOL

No other retailer either B&M or online came close to Amazon's deal at $90.00 and NO SALES TAX (well, not up front anyway) AND FREE SHIPPING!!!

Yeah, I probably could've saved a few dinero if I waited around for a sale but, I need to start taking care of my teeth ASAP.

good brush :thumbsup:
but you still have to floss. :D

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

Welcome to 5 years ago! :)

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Jugernot

Welcome to 5 years ago! :)

True, but there are still some shocking deals to be found. I got my mom one of those $299 Kitchen-Aid Mixers (Kohl's price + tax = around $325 here in TN) for ~ $230 on Amazon for Christmas. I thought I would save money but didn't think it would be that much money.

Aug 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Barrak
I love my sonicare! It takes a little to get used to it(about a week for me) but after it is the best. My last cleaning they hardly had to do anything.

Are the Sonicare's noticeably better than the cheap $20 Braun (that I use)?

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004

Thanks for the testimonial. I hope it makes my next dentist visit easier. Those biannual checkups bite.

Originally posted by: George P Burdell

Are the Sonicare's noticeably better than the cheap $20 Braun (that I use)?

For $90.00 they had better be. :|