wow, DJIA down 300 points and its only 1pm *update* all losses erased! wow

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: JS80
ugh my CFC aug 17.5 calls didn't get filled at 0.70 limit now it's trading at $3!

picked up aug 44 QQQQ calls though at a buck, now at ~$1.6!

Those would have been sweet, but atleast you got your Q calls. :thumbsup:

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: lupi
There have been reports of some computer traders doing almost 50% worth of the days trading at a little after 3, which is another reason there have been so many swings lately with the daily tallies.

For many years the computerized/black box trading firms/institutions make up most of the stock volume, today most likely being no exception.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: jjsole
Originally posted by: JS80
ugh my CFC aug 17.5 calls didn't get filled at 0.70 limit now it's trading at $3!

picked up aug 44 QQQQ calls though at a buck, now at ~$1.6!

Those would have been sweet, but atleast you got your Q calls. :thumbsup:

let's hope it's still ITM when it expires tomorrow.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Pshawn5
Originally posted by: JohnCU
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
i was complaining that i've lost $40 over the past week in my newly created 401k, then the guy i'm working with says he's lost $100k in 2 weeks, i don't feel so bad.

Well, it's probably a failrly low percentage of his net wealth if he's investing it like that, so he's likely not hurting. I could be wrong though. I just checked, I'm not doing well myself. I was up 17% this year, now I'm up 4.2%.

yeah, i started my 401k in may and i'm at -5.4% so far haha.

yeah i just started a couple months ago in 401k, and i'm at -0.2% after being at 12% about a month ago =(

Up 14% over 2 years now, 1.3% for the year (in my employer sponsored IRA)

Down $20K in my rollover IRA, I'm gonna just leave it to the experts, don't have the time to deal with the volatility, hell, if I'm lucky I have a whopping 15 min to even look at the market when it's open :(

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Topic Title: wow, DJIA down 300 points and its only 1pm

Why wow?

You should be thrilled

Dave do you own any stocks?

I think he's a majority stakeholder in the symbol FUD.

Is that ELMER.FUD?

I'm waiting for Dave's prediction of the end of the financial world that he can bump for the rest of my wretched life, yeah, "just don't click on his threads" :thumbsdown:

Awwwwww you can't deny I said this train wreck (Real Estate/Credit Crunch) was coming.

You guys said no way with every post I made.

How's the crow tasting now?

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

Why wow?

You should be thrilled

No, it cost me $3,000 to get out of the market back when I was in Atlanta.

No retirement savings at all?

Just counting on Social Security? Managed by corrupt Republicans?

Perhaps if you spent a bit less time studying seismology, meteorology, et. al. you could find time to get your retirement planning in order...

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Why wow?

You should be thrilled

Perhaps if you spent a bit less time studying seismology, meteorology, et. al. you could find time to get your retirement planning in order...

Really? How's that when your buds stole it all?

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: vi_edit

Why wow?

You should be thrilled

I think he's a majority stakeholder in the symbol FUD.

Is that ELMER.FUD?

I'm waiting for Dave's prediction of the end of the financial world that he can bump for the rest of my wretched life, yeah, "just don't click on his threads" :thumbsdown:

Awwwwww you can't deny I said this train wreck (Real Estate/Credit Crunch) was coming.

It tastes better than the Hamburger Helper you're going to be eating in your retirement Dave

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

Why wow?

You should be thrilled

Really? How's that when your buds stole it all?

Dave if you knew me at all you'd realize I despise corporations, but you have to play the game or get steamrolled dude.

The business of the US is business, to think otherwise is lunacy.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000

What "train wreck"? This is a normal correction. Most analysts predicted it. We've known it's coming now for a long time. It'll pass and the market will rebound once again.

And who's eating crow? I'm still up over 11.5% since 01 January (and almost 27% since 31 August of '06). Sure, at some point I'll take a "loss", but long term I'll be fine. Banks still have money to back their deposits, the fundamentals of the economy are in great shape, things are solid and not in danger of any kind of "train wreck".

ZV

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt

What "train wreck"? This is a normal correction. Most analysts predicted it. We've known it's coming now for a long time. It'll pass and the market will rebound once again.

And who's eating crow? I'm still up over 11.5% since 01 January (and almost 27% since 31 August of '06). Sure, at some point I'll take a "loss", but long term I'll be fine. Banks still have money to back their deposits, the fundamentals of the economy are in great shape, things are solid and not in danger of any kind of "train wreck".

ZV

Yep & predicting the sub prime mortgage industry would affect the market was a no brainer, who didn't see that coming, seriously Dave if you're that good, you should be here reading up on how to trade options and make a million or two instead or reposting the obvious till we all want to puke.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
maybe he has and is sitting on a small fortune now, past couple days people made a killing off shorting CFC. He's just pumping then down to increase his earnings. :p

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: OS
maybe he has and is sitting on a small fortune now, past couple days people made a killing off shorting CFC. He's just pumping then down to increase his earnings. :p

Damn, he's The Oracle of Tulsa.

Suppose he'll get the reference(s)?