• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

WoW custom figurines

Kwaipie

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2005
One of the guys I work with operates our company's rapid prototype printer and was at a user community meeting with a new startup company that has figured out how to extract character models from WoW. These character models are then input into a full color 3 axis printer to create 6 to 10" tall custom character figurines from WoW. They are not WoW players and have no idea what the demand for something like this will be from the WoW community. They will be debuting their idea at Blizzcon in L.A. and expect to charge somewhere in between $50 and $100 per model. I saw a broken sample today and gotta say, the detail is amazing.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
I'd expect a roadblock from Blizzard on this - they're using Blizzard's models to make money - most likely they'll need to iron out a deal with Blizzard before they can proceed.

ASK THE COMMUNITY