Wow- Chevy

ThunderGirl

Aug 17, 2001
Just saw an ad 0 % financing for 60 months.. Dang wish I had credit enough to go buy something.

I have never seen it the whole finance term before is this normal with how the economy is right now?

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Very normal for this economy, but look at a newspaper, there is more then just GM doing 0% right now, Ford, and Toyo I think are also, prolly a few more companies... there is no real light at the end of the tunnel either, lookin to be like the 70's again, slow jobs for a long time to come :( Buy stock now sell in 6 or so years ;)

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
GM is the only real car company selling a large amount of cars right now, this is one of the reasons.

That and GM has its own Financial arm, so they are not losing that much money. But get a car with 0.0% and add in the extra cash back money etc.. and GM is moving cars very quickly, even in this economy.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Yea, but it's still a chevy........

Yea, so, GM is in the Top 3 for relability, and they are easy and cheap to maintain. I know I am a mechanic and work on all types of cars and trucks. AND I drive GM. I am even restoring a 75 Monza right now.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
GM is the only real car company selling a large amount of cars right now, this is one of the reasons
I forget which, Toyota, Nissan, one of the Japanese companies, just reported a record-breaking quarter of sales. GM is hurting while still moving a reasonable amount of inventory.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: tcsenter
GM is the only real car company selling a large amount of cars right now, this is one of the reasons
I forget which, Toyota, Nissan, one of the Japanese companies, just reported a record-breaking quarter of sales. GM is hurting while still moving a reasonable amount of inventory.

Last I read GM was gaining market share, don't see how that is hurting.
JD Power and Ass. named them in their top 3 relability, Saturn has a slew of new cars, Lutz has just about every division coming up with new good looking stuff. Looks like the Gneral is back on the prowal.