Wow check out what directv just offered me today!

Platinum Member
May 7, 2003
Hey, I was at AVS forums and saw the deal with directv where u can get a HDTV directv receiver + HDTV dish + free installation for 400 bucks. Well I called up and asked them for a discount since I have been a good customer for 2 years. Anyways she set me up with a really good package.

BEFORE:
Directv total choice @ $34 (w/o any local channels)

AFTER:
Direct total choice @ $34(w/o any local channels)
Hughes HTL-D HDTV receiver w/OTA channels
HDTV Dish
Sports Pack
HBO
Cinemax
Starz
Showtime
11 HD channels (HDNET DISCOVERY NET SHOWTIME HD HBO HD ESPN HD AND SOME OTHERS)

All @ 63.00 for the first 6 months!*

*After 6 months I have to choose 2 premium channels and my bill will still be at 63.00 per month

Okay now to the terms and conditions. In order to be qualified for this deal the CSR told me you have to...
1. Have a perfect credit record
2. Be a directv customer for over 2 years
3. Suscribe to programming over 50 dollars

I filled 2 of the 3 requirements. So basically she offered me a nice package, I will get to try out nearly all the premium channels for 6 months. Afterwards I will get to choose 2 of the packages which will come out to (after the special deal) 51 dollars. In addition to the 51 dollars I will have to pay 11 dollars for the HD programming. I am stuck with this program for 12 months. With this special package I will get the HDTV receiver + dish + installation for 99 dollars. Very good deal IMO.

PS The best way to get this deal is to tell the CSR about Dish network's free HDTV receiver deal.

Joker81

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
That CSR was good, really good. :D

Does your butt hurt yet?;)

haha.

You realize you just doubled your monthly rate.

thats another $360 a year. (well almost).

arod

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2000
Dish's deal is still better, 199 and the HD receiver is mine when I agree to at least a year of the lowest package top60 @ 24.99 which is what I already subscribe to. Also getting the HD pack as well and the only channel I dont have is showtime-hd but thats not even a real hdtv channel anyways (youll see what I mean after a week with it)

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I'm still waiting on DTV's HD-TiVo receiver. Supposedly, they're cutting back on their satellite internet service as well so they can start beaming locals in HD as well. When they get all that together, I'll upgrade from my regular DTivo receivers.

Platinum Member
May 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Joker81

haha.

Right but can you show me where you can get a Directv receiver w/OTA capability + a dish and professional installation for under 400 bucks?

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by: 50
Originally posted by: Joker81

haha.

Right but can you show me where you can get a Directv receiver w/OTA capability + a dish and professional installation for under 400 bucks?

Exactly... Dish's HD receiver can't even come close to comparing the the Hughes HTLHD.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
If I could only convince my wife that HD was worth another $10/month. Hmm....

Oh yeah, ignore HappyPuppy and Joker81... It's painfully obvious that they don't have a clue.

Platinum Member
May 7, 2003
Originally posted by: JW
All @ 63.00 for the first 6 months!

How much after the first 6 months?

Oops I wrote that wrong. I have to pay 63 dollars for 12 months. After that I can keep the 63 dollar plan for however long I want. Although I am positive I will drop the HD channels after I have fufilled my agreement. Also after the 6 months I have to remind myself to choose my 2 premium programs I want or my bill will probably be over 100 dollars.