WOW! BNC cables improved my image quality!

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I know the BNC cables topic always pops up now & then here but on my LG Flatron 915FT & Sparkle GF2 MX at 1152x864 in 32bit the improvement was noticable,I thought being my 2D was ok before not brill it would not be noticable,but it`s now sharper,colours are more defined with better display & the horizontal lines in AT forums under each topic is sharper,I now wish I had a Matrox or Radeon to see how much better it can get, anyway it has made me feel that it was money well spent.

:)

A2KLAU

Golden Member
Nov 11, 2000
Nice Mem :)

Seems you have now unleashed the full potential of your monitor's viewing capabilites :)

Albert.

pidge

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Could be that you had a VGA cable with bad shielding. I personally never noticed the difference.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000

<< I personally never noticed the difference. >>

I thought the same at first especially during the day ,but night time where you notice things more on screen had a big impact on image improvement, I even tried reversing the old VGA cable(lastweek) to see if that would have any effect but no that made no difference that`s until I tried a BNC cable.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
BNC cables carry the red,blue,green signal seperate,also the horizontal &amp; vertical sync that`s what they call a 5BNC cable you can get 4BNC,Blue,red,green,composite sync, you loose the plug &amp; play with these cables but you can get image improvement on some monitors,also not all monitors have BNC connectors on them.

Kingofcomputer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2000
Similar to Component Video for DVD and high-end video.
They should give better image quality, otherwise they won't be invented and sold to consumers.