WoW 2.3 Patch FPS issues

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
One of my machines began to experience major FPS issues and load times in game after the patch. Has anyone else read or experienced any issues post patch? I did notice that about 90% of the computer's memory was being used up which may account for it (1 gig before you ask), but it was never a problem before.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Golgatha

Can you post contents? My work blocks wow.com :(

theres no Blue post in there but people are posting its Mod related, specificially "Bongos"

if you use mods go find the latests updates for all of them

if you dont use any or dissable them and still have the issue, email customer support

people are pointing fingers at the Core2 optimization being the route cause as well

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
I don't use Bongos, but there are plenty of mods which require updating. I'll try turning them off, but I would be shocked to find that solve the problem considering that I have never witnessed such a drastic reduction in FPS and load times before and we have gone through tons of patches which broke mods.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I had a few issues with the patch but FPS was not one of them. I played all night yesterday and most of this morning before their maintenance.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
I use non-updated bongos and I'm not getting any fps issues. Of course my rig is overkill for WoW so maybe my fps is lower and I haven't noticed?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: CKent
I use non-updated bongos and I'm not getting any fps issues. Of course my rig is overkill for WoW so maybe my fps is lower and I haven't noticed?

was just what people were saying, i had no issues other then mod specific ones

peopel in my guild were having sound issues tho

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I had a strange problem with my graphics too. There was a permanent "tear" int he screen, with or without vsync on. All I did was reset graphics to default and then turn them back up and it worked fine. Anubis what are people saying about Core2 optimization being a problem? I have a Core 2 and it works perfectly fine. They did change the graphics options in this patch too, so I would look into that. If it was me, I would disable all add-ons first like other people said, then delete file that saves display options and reset them.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: VashHT
I had a strange problem with my graphics too. There was a permanent "tear" int he screen, with or without vsync on. All I did was reset graphics to default and then turn them back up and it worked fine. Anubis what are people saying about Core2 optimization being a problem? I have a Core 2 and it works perfectly fine. They did change the graphics options in this patch too, so I would look into that. If it was me, I would disable all add-ons first like other people said, then delete file that saves display options and reset them.

they added in code for it to used the 2nd CPU it wase not before, apperently for those without a 2 core CPU its messing things up, as usuial it doesnt happen to everyone

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: VashHT

they added in code for it to used the 2nd CPU it wase not before, apperently for those without a 2 core CPU its messing things up, as usuial it doesnt happen to everyone

The problem is more dynamic than that. Both my comp and the second comp are running single core CPUs. Only one is having problems...

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: Golgatha

Can you post contents? My work blocks wow.com :(

theres no Blue post in there but people are posting its Mod related, specificially "Bongos"

if you use mods go find the latests updates for all of them

if you dont use any or dissable them and still have the issue, email customer support

people are pointing fingers at the Core2 optimization being the route cause as well

I use Bongos and have a Intel C2D. I got everything maxed at 1680x1050 and I never drop below 55-60 FPS with an Nvidia 8800 GTS.

However, I did delete my interface and WTF folder, and got updated MODS before evening trying to log in.

Lamont Burns

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2002
I use outdated bongos and yeah I did notice a slowdown, as my rig is about 3 years old. woops, guess it's time to look for some updates.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Just to update this situation. I deleted some outdated mods which were no longer being used on the computer with problems (in particular, Telo's Lootlink) and I updated all of the mods with their latest versions. Some of them were still very old released but they still work.

For those who are interested, here is the list of mods on that machine:

Atlas
AtlasLoot Enhanced
Auctionieer
Gatherer
Titan Panel
SW_Stats
Outfitter Updated
Deadly Boss Mods
Pitbull
ORA2
zHunter
ItemSync
MobInfo2

I can confirm that all of these mods using their latest version work fine with 2.3

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Here's some add-ons that I've noticed have problems:

cgProfiler - Currently has errors whenever you click on any character/mob/npc. Has been removed indefinitely from my setup.
ElkBuffBar - Currently does not display the times correctly. It may just need its .lua file deleted.
FuBar_LocationFu - Haven't gotten this to work in awhile, I think it needs the .lua deleted.
FuBar_PerformanceFu - Haven't gotten this to work in awhile, I think it needs the .lua deleted.
ItemRack - I still can't figure out how to add the trinketmenu back when they redid the code, but other than that it works.
MonkeyQuest - Has a spacing issue right now with quests. Set quest padding to 0 to help alleviate this.
Postal - gives an error when you close your inbox, but still works.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
I was an avid fan of MonkeyQuest until the guy stopped updating it. Try out QuestFu. It's ace so it is lightweight, it ties into lightheaded (mod that incorporates quest comments from wowhead) if you're into that, and it ties nicely into fubar.