Wouldn't we all be beige someday?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: mrkun
Originally posted by: zinfamous
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
genetic engineering save the blonde and the redhead. hopefully

there was a recent story out how the redheads are dying out.

personally, I think the Irish government needs to enact a policy whereby their native women are encouraged to freely mate with any foreigners they encounter. Kinda like what Iceland did....

Can you please provide a link to this Iceland policy? ;)

Honestly, I think the Iceland thing was proven to be more of an Urban Myth. It was only about 6-7 years ago when I was hearing about it. An Icelandic buddy of mine, also a geneticist (who you'd figure would know as much about such a policy as anyone), would never corroborate if it was true or not... :(

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: zinfamous
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
genetic engineering save the blonde and the redhead. hopefully

there was a recent story out how the redheads are dying out.

personally, I think the Irish government needs to enact a policy whereby their native women are encouraged to freely mate with any foreigners they encounter. Kinda like what Iceland did....
do you have a link to that story? i'm curious.

redheads or Iceland? ;)

Here's a link to the redheads story. I believe I saw it on NBC TV news, though.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.c...2266852_redhair09.html

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: IGBT
..go spend some time in China or Japan and discover classism. Classism is grounded in a hierarchy belief system that ranks people according to socioeconomic status, education and family lineage, and other class related divisions. This system leads to a drastic income and wealth inequality. There will always be a racket for the racketeers.

Why go to China or Japan when you can discover it at home? Unless of course you actually buy into the 'American Dream' propaganda. Which I'm sure IGBT does.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: DisgruntledVirus
Originally posted by: daveshel
Assuming we survive long enough.

I doubt it. I don't think we can put aside our differences long enough to all become a beige race.

OP yeah we might all become beige, but there will be "lighter" and "darker" beiges. Look at the African American population. They have "light" and "dark" and its not entirely uncommon to have discrimination between the two.

The amount of time it would take for us to all become genetic duplicates in skin color will take too long. We won't survive until that point IMO.

Good example being Rwanda during the genocide in 1994. Of course the lighter vs. darker delineation was established by the Belgian colonists.

I also don't see what 'differences' we really have between peoples of color. I can see how folks would have regional differences and class differences, but not issues over pigmentation. In fact that's mostly an illusion - racial superiority and the like are convenient mechanisms for turning groups of poor people against each other to create a buffer of blame and conflict, benefiting of course the elite classes who might otherwise have to bear the malice of the poor.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Lonyo
Originally posted by: MSCoder610
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Didn't Time Magazine show a composite image of a young female composed by merging a dozen different racial faces? The image was certainly attractive.

Link?

Edit: A good example would be Brazilian women.

http://www.racialcompact.com/Time_Fall_1993.JPG

Not too keen on the hair.

Me neither. I was thinking more along the lines of Brazil's women's soccer team.

Edit: FYI, the women's team did a spread in Brazilian Playboy if anyone happens to be interested.

I'm stunned that this could actually be the brazilian women's soccer team. More like the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders... wow.

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007
Originally posted by: cirrrocco
Originally posted by: dNor
Kyra's Gracie's another Brazileira mutt that kicks ass (literally). She can triangle choke me any time she wants. ;)

http://www.kakuto.com/modules/...d/upload/kyra_mag3.jpg

http://www.mmafightgirls.com/w...007/07/kyra-gracie.jpg

http://www.dogsofwar.net/images/kyra.jpg

Mmmmmmhm. :heart:

The Gracie family is such ownage.

Dammm.. I am going to brazil!!

Me too!

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
There will always be people who want to be pure, whether that's black, white, Asian, etc. Not everyone wants to melt into one race.

You know what's funny? It seems that the people who push diversity are the same people that push the melting pot ideal. But there'd be no diversity anymore, people would all look the same.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
that's boring, who wants to eat chocolate ice cream all the time.

different flavor is the spice of life.

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Originally posted by: CasioTech
that's boring, who wants to eat chocolate ice cream all the time.

different flavor is the spice of life.

/agree

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Well, this is fortuitous. I just got invited to a Brazilian party on Saturday. Woot!

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
I'm German, Indian, Japanese, Mongolian, Chinese, Filipino, Spanish, Tibetan

My ancestors were busy. Now to get a few more countries in for my children and they'll be more of the UN baby than I am.

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Originally posted by: EGGO

My ancestors were busy. Now to get a few more countries in for my children and they'll be more of the UN baby than I am.

What are the ratios on those?

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
I suggest we go after people based on what hand they write with.

Lefties suffer the oppression of reaching across yourself for a door knob no more!

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Originally posted by: judasmachine
I suggest we go after people based on what hand they write with.

Lefties suffer the oppression of reaching across yourself for a door knob no more!

Didn't they used to think that lefties were agents of Satan or something in Medieval Europe?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: rh71
As far as majority - obviously not in our lifetime, but eventually. Purists will say no but it's inevitable. As long as we're still speaking English in the US...

I have some bad news ....

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Everyone from white supremacists to indian aryans, and other supremacy groups have nightmares and wake up crying like bitches over this very thought. "BAWWWW"

People fixate on specific colors and shapes to often, get over it pussies. We came from stardust, and to stardust we shall return. Everything in between is just for the lulz.

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Originally posted by: EGGO

What are the ratios on those?

Don't really have a good idea. My mom is Filipino and that comes with the Chinese and Spanish ancestory, somewhere in there is Mongolian and whatever else is there. My dad has the German and Indian. It's my mom's side where I get all the asian stuff.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: CasioTech
Originally posted by: D1gger
One can only hope that we will overcome the crap the goes along with skin colour. I know that my "halfbreed" children are two of the most beautiful people on this planet.

I can assure you that they are not.

This is easily the stupidest thing I've read in a while, even for you.

It's a shame that you look roughly like the landing pad in my toilet, otherwise your criticism of other people's looks might hold some merit.