Wouldn't we all be beige someday?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
It depends. There are certainly dominant genes and if a pale skin color is dominant in some people those children will be pale. Same would go for dark skin color being dominant.

I don't think it would ever happen between genetics and evolution. Dark-skinned people are that way for a reason.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: TruePaige
Originally posted by: rivan
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Didn't Time Magazine show a composite image of a young female composed by merging a dozen different racial faces? The image was certainly attractive.

I think mixed-race people (though kids especially) are generally more attractive than kids with less-diverse lineage.

I'm not under that same impression. I'm a fan of porcelain skin if I had to pick.

Also, I strongly dislike lots of freckles, and Ginger people freak me out.

You sir, are a winner.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Sphexi
Originally posted by: CasioTech
Originally posted by: D1gger
One can only hope that we will overcome the crap the goes along with skin colour. I know that my "halfbreed" children are two of the most beautiful people on this planet.

I can assure you that they are not.

Please don't start the creepy ass Tom Welling worship shit. It's bad enough that you're allowed to post again, the less we hear about your man-love the better.

well since YOU brought it up.

http://img529.imageshack.us/im...oisonwalppaper2at5.jpg

Dec 26, 2007
Originally posted by: daveshel
Assuming we survive long enough.

I doubt it. I don't think we can put aside our differences long enough to all become a beige race.

OP yeah we might all become beige, but there will be "lighter" and "darker" beiges. Look at the African American population. They have "light" and "dark" and its not entirely uncommon to have discrimination between the two.

The amount of time it would take for us to all become genetic duplicates in skin color will take too long. We won't survive until that point IMO.

Vehemence

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Originally posted by: mrkun
Originally posted by: Lonyo
Originally posted by: MSCoder610
Didn't Time Magazine show a composite image of a young female composed by merging a dozen different racial faces? The image was certainly attractive.

Link?

Edit: A good example would be Brazilian women.

http://www.racialcompact.com/Time_Fall_1993.JPG

Not too keen on the hair.

Me neither. I was thinking more along the lines of Brazil's women's soccer team.

Edit: FYI, the women's team did a spread in Brazilian Playboy if anyone happens to be interested.

wat

Edit: SCHWING!

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Originally posted by: IGBT
..go spend some time in China or Japan and discover classism. Classism is grounded in a hierarchy belief system that ranks people according to socioeconomic status, education and family lineage, and other class related divisions. This system leads to a drastic income and wealth inequality. There will always be a racket for the racketeers.

There's also the Burakumins in Japan, or the untouchables in India, etc.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: dNor

Link?

Me neither. I was thinking more along the lines of Brazil's women's soccer team.

Edit: FYI, the women's team did a spread in Brazilian Playboy if anyone happens to be interested.

wat

FUNNY how all those girls are of polish decent.

not enough titage for me.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Originally posted by: TruePaige
Originally posted by: rivan

I think mixed-race people (though kids especially) are generally more attractive than kids with less-diverse lineage.

I'm not under that same impression. I'm a fan of porcelain skin if I had to pick.

Also, I strongly dislike lots of freckles, and Ginger people freak me out.

You sir, are a winner.

:thumbsup:

I like being a winner, you get a :cookie: for the picture.

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005

Link?

wat

How do you know they're of Polish descent? You have a list of their names?

Edit: They're soccer players; they're not going to have large breasts.

Hail The Brain Slug

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005

Link?

wat

Well, actually if you weren't too busy appreciating the image, they all have their names listed below them.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: E equals MC2
Few decades, centuries or more?

Come to think of it we're still very 'purebreeds' for thousands of years. I guess it's been exploding in the last 50 years with globalization and the world getting smaller.

I just think it'd be hilarious when there can be no racism since you'll look the same as the other guy.

But then knowing human nature, we'll always find ways discriminate based on wealth, region and culture.

anyhoo, there will always be the homosexuals to persecute. don't forget about them.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: E equals MC2
Few decades, centuries or more?

Come to think of it we're still very 'purebreeds' for thousands of years. I guess it's been exploding in the last 50 years with globalization and the world getting smaller.

I just think it'd be hilarious when there can be no racism since you'll look the same as the other guy.

But then knowing human nature, we'll always find ways discriminate based on wealth, region and culture.

The world has gotten smaller? :confused:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
genetic engineering save the blonde and the redhead. hopefully

there was a recent story out how the redheads are dying out.

personally, I think the Irish government needs to enact a policy whereby their native women are encouraged to freely mate with any foreigners they encounter. Kinda like what Iceland did....

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Originally posted by: XabanakFanatik

wat

Well, actually if you weren't too busy appreciating the image, they all have their names listed below them.

The names are quite small and hard to read, but let's see: Silva, Gomes, Garcia, Londel, Lofi (?), Truluoso, Leise (?), Gomez, Sonise, Santos, Cerabante. Yep, you're right; they're all Polish. :confused:

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: zinfamous

personally, I think the Irish government needs to enact a policy whereby their native women are encouraged to freely mate with any foreigners they encounter. Kinda like what Iceland did....
do you have a link to that story? i'm curious.

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Originally posted by: zinfamous

Can you please provide a link to this Iceland policy? ;)

Sumguy

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007
Originally posted by: XabanakFanatik

wat

The names are quite small and hard to read, but let's see: Silva, Gomes, Garcia, Londel, Lofi (?), Truluoso, Leise (?), Gomez, Sonise, Santos, Cerabante. Yep, you're right; they're all Polish. :confused:

Who cares what their descent is, I'm more concerned (and pleased) that there isn't a single case of not-hawtness on that team. Their tits may not be huge, but somehow that isn't too much of an issue :p

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Sumguy
Who cares what their descent is, I'm more concerned (and pleased) that there isn't a single case of not-hawtness on that team. Their tits may not be huge, but somehow that isn't too much of an issue :p

Did you look at the Playboy photos? If not, you don't even really know how little not-hawtness there is on that team.

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004