Would you vote for an Obama/Palin ticket?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
Originally posted by: RKDaley
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
Originally posted by: Pens1566
Originally posted by: OrByte
Originally posted by: TheVrolok
Originally posted by: senseamp
No, I don't want her to be next in line to be president, nor would I want anyone reckless enough to pick her as his VP to be president.

This.

:thumbsup:

I'm on this bandwagon as well ...
Move on over, y'all. /makes room on bandwagon

Got room for one more?
I know it's crowded but please let me on too.

Let me on, boys .... I've got beer!

Beer? That seals it. I'm on!

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Obama Palin? no and no... no no no no...

and...no!

Hell, I wouldn't vote for McSame Palin. I don't care who Palin was running with I wouldn't vote for her. Also.. I like how now she is flip flopping on her stance that Global Warming is Man Made now. Should have hear her last year.

I guess Palin will say anything as long as the money is green errr, buys a few more votes.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Not a chance. I'd lose all respect for Obama and probably go libertarian.

Jack Flash

Golden Member
Sep 10, 2006
Originally posted by: senseamp
No, I don't want her to be next in line to be president, nor would I want anyone reckless enough to pick her as his VP to be president.

This.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
There have been a few cases where there was a split presidency/VP. The worst was William Henry Harrison and John Tyler. Harrison, a Whig, famously died after just one month in office. Tyler had "converted" to the Whig party to be Harrison's running mate, but almost as soon as Harrison died, he went back to being a Democrat (his original party) and turned things around completely, vetoing everything passed by the Whigs in congress.

The same would happen today. If we had a Democrat as president and a Republican for VP, the VP would just sit back and wait... not only would they probably try to run against their President for his reelection, but if the President were to die in office, the VP would turn things around just as John Tyler did.

Neither party would have any part of it.

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
It's kind of funny that this is brought up-- but an Obama/Palin adminsistration is within the realm of possibility if Obama and McCain end up tied in the Electoral College.