would you use rollers or paint spray gun for interiors?

abc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999

do they waste alot of paint from particalizing the paint? if it's 5% i don't care I think... but if it's 20pct that might be a differenet story... as I'd guess I have to also factor in the rental cost... or should one be bought instead...

this would be for about 10-12 rooms I think, primer and then paint, so quite a bit at hand.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Is the house completely emtpy, no carpet or anything? Then maybe spray it. Otherwise, rollers.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
10-12 rooms? If its including ceiling, then yes your back will thank you. Hell even without the ceilings I'd still rent a spray gun, they're fun!!

abc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
how much to buy one... nah empty house... and floor will not remain, gonna rip it out...

what model gun you recommend...

it can spray regular paint you buy in cans ?

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
You should rip out the floor before painting. That way you don't have to worry about messing up the paint while ripping up the floor.

abc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
an aireless sprayer.. is this the new thing for sprayguns?

would they be around 200 - 250 to buy?

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Rent an airless. Titan is my favorite. Anything you can buy for less than $1000 is uaually a piece of sh!t and causes a bunch of problems. I would also suggest if you are renting one go and buy a tip for your particular paint type. The ones that come with the rented ones are usually worn and made for general purpose.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: abc
an aireless sprayer.. is this the new thing for sprayguns?

would they be around 200 - 250 to buy?

No its not new. It uses a pump and a tip to atomize the paint instead of air. You simply drop the feed tube into the paint turn it to prime and when you start getting paint out of the return tube turn it to on. Then spray out the line until you get paint and your ready to go. Again I suggest renting one. You can buy one for around $300 at Home Depot but they are usually nothing but trouble.

abc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
thanks fred... if it's like 20-30 bucks a day to rent, i figure i'll only have 2-3 days before the work week rolls in, and i'd have to take it back and rent it again for the next weekend... for another 2-3 days...

wouldn't it take about six 8 hr days to do about 10 rooms? primer and paint?

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
daily rentals run around $50. See if you can strike a deal if you're gonna rent it for 3 days straight. Be sure to clean the unit when you're done!! I got hit with another $50 fee for not cleaning the gun well enough.

bentwookie

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Joeyman
daily rentals run around $50. See if you can strike a deal if you're gonna rent it for 3 days straight. Be sure to clean the unit when you're done!! I got hit with another $50 fee for not cleaning the gun well enough.

that's where the problem is, most pros use rollers because cleaning sprayers is a pain in the arse.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Thats HVLP (high volume low pressure) and is pneumatic not airless. It will require a compressor and is made for smaller jobs. For the record an airless is extremely east to clean.