Would You Trust A Bot Built Building?

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
The way buildings are being build does not change the building code so if you trust buildings made by people there is no difference, they will have to pass the exact same tests and standards as any other building.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I've seen stuff like this before but honestly I don't think it's that practical. If it's what I think it is, you essentially end up with a concrete version of a 3D printed plastic item, with the lines and all. Water, snow etc will end up getting into those crevices, freezing, expanding and then "delaminating" the wall. So you still need to have someone go and parge it all.

That said I can see them improving the methods over time where they can solve those issues. I think the sweet spot right now in automating construction is prefab where most of the stuff is done in a factory and shipped on site to assemble it. They could perhaps even automate the assembly.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I've seen stuff like this before but honestly I don't think it's that practical.
Just because it is not practical today does not mean it won't be practical tomorrow. This is a very interesting concept and the technology could be great for building in hard-to-access places.