Would you snowboard in this Jacket ?

polm

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Frosty3799
not for $270 :-\

What if it was free ?

Imagine Price has absolutely NOTHING to do with it ?

From a purely FUNCTIONAL, ASTHETIC, and sheer PLEASURE standpoint, would you wear this Jacket while snowboarding ?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Also, I'd never buy a jacket without trying it on first(assuming you haven't).

I like lots of range of motion in the arms and shoulders. Some jackets just aren't cut well to provide that. You won't know that until you buy it though if you buy it online.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: polm
Originally posted by: vi_edit
The green one is kinda....effimate.

Green ?

I don't see a green one.

Maybe I am color blind.

From the page - "Green Ice/Tartan Green (093)"

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
What a stupid question.

If you want to stay dry, and avoid getting assreamed with snow when you bail.. invest in something with a little more functionality. Snowboard wear is fairly technical, it isn't just a jacket with flashy looks. Screw looks.
I'd snowboard in a garbage bag if it was the best option.

dugweb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
Although I do not like the style of the jacket and I think it is waay over priced, I think what you are asking is will you be warm riding in this thing. Personally I prefer the lighter jacket (shell) things so I think you would like it if you are looking at it from that stand point

Hamburgerpimp

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
Screw Patagonia and their overpriced China SH!t!! You can get equal value if not better from REI. Just look for GoreTex. Although, REI may be made in China, but you'll find a good GoreTex jacket for $100, or so.

Woody06

Dec 5, 2002
I got a Burton jacket, I love it. If you can find them on sale theyre a good deal, but full price theyre like 270 also.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I've been to the guy that owns Patagonia's house at the Hollister Ranch in Santa Barbara (he wasn't there, but we were staying with his neighbor who's a good friend of his). Anyway, he's got a house on 100 acres on the beach. The beach is private, so you have to live there to get in (and the Hollister ranch is very large, 100 acres is the minimal parcel size, and I beleive there's at least 10 miles of private beach there). Anyway, his private beach house is entirely recycled. It's made out of old railroad ties and telephone poles and cyderblocks and things, and right behind it he has solar panels providing him with all his electricity. The whole place is entirely self-sufficient. It's a really cool house, and only a 100 yard walk to your private beach.

Anyway, yeah, I'd wear the jacket if I didn't have to pay for it.

joeryu

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
i HATE wearing jackets snowboarding... makes me feel to restricted. my usual gear is regular long sleeve shirt (or just a regular short sleeve T if the weather permits), snowboarding pants and a beanie.

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
I'm too utilitarian minded to get a thin coat for $270, even if someone handed me the $270. Maybe this instead?

Marauder-

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 1999
Yeah - $270 is a rip. Buy yourself something from a snowboard convention or outdoor gear B&M when they have some sales. You're bound to get an equally usable shell for a fraction of that cost. Or you could invest in a real snowboard jacket for mid $100s.

nord1899

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: polm
Originally posted by: Frosty3799
not for $270 :-\

What if it was free ?

Imagine Price has absolutely NOTHING to do with it ?

From a purely FUNCTIONAL, ASTHETIC, and sheer PLEASURE standpoint, would you wear this Jacket while snowboarding ?

From a FUNCTIONAL standpoint, no. Its missing a powder skirt. Thus when you either fall or ride in deep powder, snow will be coming up inside the jacket from the bottom.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: jOjO316
i HATE wearing jackets snowboarding... makes me feel to restricted. my usual gear is regular long sleeve shirt (or just a regular short sleeve T if the weather permits), snowboarding pants and a beanie.

Obviously you don't snowboard on the east coast ;)

Try wearing a long sleave shirt on a day when it's 0 with high winds...

As for the jacket, I dunno, it really doesn't seem that bad to me. I snowboard and ski in the ugliest jacket in the world. I look so god awfully stupid, but always surprise people because I can actually snowboard quite well..