Would you sell to this user on ebay?

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
Background, I am selling a very nice cell phone. Selling for BIN price of $300 + $20 shipping for UPS 3rd day.

This person contacts me and asks 1) what comes with the phone 2) how old it is. I respond and then get the following message:
"I'll use buy it now if you can overnight it to Florida"

Would you sell to this person, looking at their feedback and the items they buy its kind of iffy. Plus the fact they want it overnighted.
Feedback

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Alone
If the address is verified, then yes.

I am asking them if they have a verified shipping address, but I've heard horror stories about paypal always siding with the buyer. And in cases of fraud just pulling your money.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: RichieZ
Background, I am selling a very nice cell phone. Selling for BIN price of $300 + $20 shipping for UPS 3rd day.

This person contacts me and asks 1) what comes with the phone 2) how old it is. I respond and then get the following message:
"I'll use buy it now if you can overnight it to Florida"

Would you sell to this person, looking at their feedback and the items they buy its kind of iffy. Plus the fact they want it overnighted.
Feedback

feedback seems ok

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Tell them you'll charge $40 for overnight shipping, if they balk at the cost then they're probably legit, if they say they don't care what the cost is then it's probably not. Could be they broke their phone and really need a new one NOW, and want your phone.

Nevik

Jul 19, 2007
could be that they broke someone elses phone and need to cover their tracks...

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Yeah I've had people ask me to overnight it to them after using BIN. I make sure they have a verified Paypal account and a confirmed ship to address and that I only ship to the actual confirmed ship to address. You should be safe.

yuppiejr

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
I'd say with 33 positives and a willingness to pay for overnight freight, go for it. Make sure you factor in the costs for insurance and require an adult signature (they have to show a license that matches the address) to cover your bases and you should be fine.

mrrman

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: yuppiejr
I'd say with 33 positives and a willingness to pay for overnight freight, go for it. Make sure you factor in the costs for insurance and require an adult signature (they have to show a license that matches the address) to cover your bases and you should be fine.

looks safe