Would you report this kind of violation of stay at home order?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So you're a big supporter now? It figures.
I'm saying black people barbecuing does not equate to people spreading a deadly virus.

I'll ask again since curfews are also government mandated stay at home orders have you EVER objected to Mayors or Governors enacting curfews?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
We have a Constitution and a 1st Amendment, some submissive cucks seem to resent my desire for freedom.

Seriously? As if the FBI and NSA aren't already tapping our communications? Do you really think restricting backyard BBQ's is making people safe?

Your freedom of assembly doesn't extend to threatening the lives of others by assembling. And you are threatening lives by assembling during a pandemic.

And yes, restricting backyard barbecues is making people safe. Viruses like this one spread through people getting close to each other. If you keep people apart, those viruses have trouble spreading. You can accept that scientific fact, or you can be wrong.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
What law is it again that you have to report neighbors, family and friends from freely assembling? Can you cite the "law" ? Thank you.
When did I say there was a law requiring others to report this particular crime? (Here’s a hint I didn’t.)

I did say that if you don’t break the law you don’t have to worry about having the cops called on you.

In this case the laws the folks @HomerJS was referring to was the stay at home order signed by the governor of Pennsylvania which in part restricts large gatherings as was recently deemed constitutional by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/...-move-into-yellow-reopening-stage-friday.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/supreme-court-pennsylvania-stay-at-home-order-businesses/

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Someone in your house could get ill enough to require hospitalization.

Imagine having to be admitted into a hospital full of workers that you don't give 2 shits what happens to them. Imagine those workers took unnecessary exposure because people are selfish.

Good luck with your ignorance and lack of empathy. It will come back and bite you in the ass eventually.

As you have demonstrated one of the requirements to slowing the spread of this virus is to care about others. You and most Trumpers are not capable.

That's funny because the countries, cities, and states with the least restrictive lock downs are the ones doing the best in every metric. From Sweden to Georgia. Doesn't seem like the lock downs are slowing the spread of anything. By contrast, the data shows the opposite so far.

Reactions: imported_tajmahal

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2009
That's funny because the countries, cities, and states with the least restrictive lock downs are the ones doing the best in every metric. From Sweden to Georgia. Doesn't seem like the lock downs are slowing the spread of anything. By contrast, the data shows the opposite so far.
They don't care about the data or the science. They just want to act submissive for the authorities.

Nov 8, 2012
Sure thing Mr. "I'm not a Racist but like to use recognized racist language and spend loads of time retrospectively justifying the killing of black people by racist white people"...
Wuhan isn't a race.

China - the country - nor Chinese for the people that live there - aren't races either.

Quit allowing Chinese media propoganda to convince you of things that literally aren't true as a way of fanning flames of partisan bickering. You're doing precisely what china wants.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
We have a Constitution and a 1st Amendment, some submissive cucks seem to resent my desire for freedom.

Seriously? As if the FBI and NSA aren't already tapping our communications? Do you really think restricting backyard BBQ's is making people safe?
Fortunately you have people to do that kind of thinking for you, so you dont break your head and come up with freeeeeeeeeedumb batshit that get ppl dead.
Right?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
They don't care about the data or the science. They just want to act submissive for the authorities.
Sweden is not doing as great as you think... and the reason Sweden is doing as well as it is regardless is that it has a minimal amount of morons... like you know... you know...

And Georgia stopped reporting right? That Brian Kampf dude?

Last edited:

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
LOL, calling the virus by standard naming conventions of point of origin is not being racist. You thinking it is though might be. Or do you think calling the swine flu animalist? Ebola, Spanish Flu, Lime Disease, or any other said named virus in history racist/regionalist? Get over it.

There is a naming convention for coronaviruses already set in place by virology experts and other scientists including the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses . The SARS-CoV-2 virus is not sufficiently different enough from SARS-CoV-1 and all other SARS-related viruses to be called anything but a SARS virus. This group has been named this way for 17 years. The final name of SARS-CoV-2 was decided and published on March 2nd. The fact that you are purposely using the incorrect name for this virus nearly 3 months after this name was decided by virology experts clearly demonstrates how ignorant and purposefully toxic you are being by using an unaccepted name for SARS-CoV-2.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

Not true.

" Sweden has one of the highest coronavirus death rates of any country — per capita, it's now worse than any other in Europe."

2020-5

edit: Sorry, pauldun170, I missed your earlier post containing this information..

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
why do you have to liue, so blatantly? You know you are iether lying or you proving what we already knew about you! That you are dishonest and cannot possibly be trusted in good faith to have a conversation! You are dismissed! You can take the walk of shame!!

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Not true.

" Sweden has one of the highest coronavirus death rates of any country — per capita, it's now worse than any other in Europe."

2020-5

edit: Sorry, pauldun170, I missed your earlier post containing this information..

Except...

Sweden isn't near the top. Not sure about that article. It's like 15th. In America, if you factor out the big urban democrat led cities or states, our death and infection rate is almost ziltch. Kind of like the murder rate in our country. The vast majority of deaths are from nursing homes in NYC and across California. All because the local governments there forced seniors to go to nursing homes instead of being treated at a hospital. Gave financial incentives as well for the places. It is a damn shit show. Even the majority of deaths in Texas are in the big cities. Houston, Dallas, Austin, El Paso, Potter, and San Antonio are all democrat led and have 99% of the deaths in the state. But hey, now that the "experts" are now saying what I've just said, are you still going to sing that tune?

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Except...

Sweden isn't near the top. Not sure about that article. It's like 15th. In America, if you factor out the big urban democrat led cities or states, our death and infection rate is almost ziltch. Kind of like the murder rate in our country. The vast majority of deaths are from nursing homes in NYC and across California. All because the local governments there forced seniors to go to nursing homes instead of being treated at a hospital. Gave financial incentives as well for the places. It is a damn shit show. Even the majority of deaths in Texas are in the big cities. Houston, Dallas, Austin, El Paso, Potter, and San Antonio are all democrat led and have 99% of the deaths in the state. But hey, now that the "experts" are now saying what I've just said, are you still going to sing that tune?
that still does not deflect from the fact that you lied......

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I cant wrap my head around two distinct instances of this phenomenon on planet earth... This has got to be slow or the other way around. I mean if there are two of them, there might be three and if there is three... I mean shitbuckets!

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Except...

Sweden isn't near the top. Not sure about that article. It's like 15th. Blah, blah,blah...But hey, now that the "experts" are now saying what I've just said, are you still going to sing that tune?

You said Sweden was doing the best in EVERY metric. That is simply not true. Moving the goalposts now doesn't cut it.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Except...

So it's the democrats fault. got it. Apparently, SARS2 has a political affiliation now. BTW, I'm calling the China Hoax Flu "SARS2"

Last edited:

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Since there is a stay at home order issued in that state it is reasonable to call the police.

Here is a snippet of the actual law

State, local, and tribal authorities

Enforce isolation and quarantine within their borders.
It is possible for federal, state, local, and tribal health authorities to have and use all at the same time separate but coexisting legal quarantine power in certain events. In the event of a conflict, federal law is supreme.

Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized for these communicable diseases
Cholera
Diphtheria
Infectious tuberculosis
Plague
Smallpox
Yellow fever
Viral hemorrhagic fevers
Severe acute respiratory syndromes
Flu that can cause a pandemic
Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized by Executive Order of the President. The President can revise this list by Executive Order.

—————————————-

Since there is no EO the state then can issue their own orders

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
You said Sweden was doing the best in EVERY metric. That is simply not true. Moving the goalposts now doesn't cut it.

I said that areas with lesser lock down restrictions are doing better in every metric. The from Sweden to Georgia is a sweeping generalization of such areas. I never specifically was pointing to one place or another with that statement.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I said that areas with lesser lock down restrictions are doing better in every metric. The from Sweden to Georgia is a sweeping generalization of such areas. I never specifically was pointing to one place or another with that statement.

Wait, wait... "they're doing better in every metric, except that one of the most prominent examples clearly isn't?"

You're trying to reshuffle the criteria to avoid admitting that you made a demonstrably false statement. Please just accept that you're wrong instead of digging the hole ever deeper.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Hehehehe.... can you think of a reason ... another reason why that would be? NY would have been better off you think? Cause? Magic Unicorns?

If this is what the US is dealing with to the count of 60 million then holy fuck Moses....

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Wait, wait... "they're doing better in every metric, except that one of the most prominent examples clearly isn't?"

You're trying to reshuffle the criteria to avoid admitting that you made a demonstrably false statement. Please just accept that you're wrong instead of digging the hole ever deeper.

No, the first is one is the statement to effect. The second was just some examples and there are plenty more. Countries with less restrictions on whole are doing better than countries with more restrictions on whole. Same with cities, states, and any other area. If you want to nitpick on Sweden in my example, feel free.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
No, the first is one is the statement to effect. The second was just some examples and there are plenty more. Countries with less restrictions on whole are doing better than countries with more restrictions on whole. Same with cities, states, and any other area. If you want to nitpick on Sweden in my example, feel free.
Lordy