Would you report someone who is driving like a jerk?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I wouldn't, but i was pulled over because my licence plate fell off and the cop mentioned that 'people have called 911' about my driving. Who the fuck would call 911?! I don't even drive that bad, but I wouldn't expect someone I'm tail gating to call 911...

Dunning–Kruger effect in action?

Onita

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
I've always wanted to phone the police and report a possible "drunk driver" when someone pisses me off on the road by driving poorly. If they weren't that's fine, but they'd be delayed for a bit and put out that's for sure :)

I tried to call 911 on a drunk driver who almost hit me 3 times on the highway. I got transferred to 4 different police stations/highway patrol posts before hanging up.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
I've had the cops called on me for my driving at least 10 times. They drive up next to you and point at their phone to tell you they're breaking the law to use a cell phone while driving to tell a cop that I did something wrong, when in fact it was them. Or maybe some were apologizing for talking on the phone and causing the problem, whatever. At least one time was almost warranted, brand new tires, little bit wet out, lots of tire spin accidentally.

10 times?! Fuck, let me know when you're on the road so I can get off of it.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
I've always wanted to phone the police and report a possible "drunk driver" when someone pisses me off on the road by driving poorly. If they weren't that's fine, but they'd be delayed for a bit and put out that's for sure :)

Whoa, I haven't seen you in forever! hi! :D