I have a Define C case and a Noctua D15 and currently my plans are to buy Ryzen+ (Mostly as it can easily be upgraded later) but I might go 8700k if it disappoints and I have a hard time picking memory when planning components for my upcoming rig.
- D15 + Define C with 2 fans gives me 37mm memory clearance
- How important is dual rank (Mostly 2x16GB kits)
- How important are the timings in real applications (Its used for gaming, Visual Studio and browsing
- G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-32GTZKW Gives me Dual Rank and good timings
- G.Skill Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX Optimized for AMD and good timings
- Corsair LPX 3200+ Bad timings, but low profile so I can use both fans on my D15, so maybe higher OC headroom