Would you Limit Yourself to 100 watts ...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
If I could only have 100 watts, then within a few weeks, I'd have a little dam built on my creek and my own little hydro plant churning out at least 100 watts, and a few homemade windmills that generated plenty more.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
No. With all the jobs we've outsourced to their country, they can afford to generate and pay for their own g'damn electricity.

I like India, and I like the Indian people... but it's not our duty as Americans to support them, or anyone else in the world, completely.

At some point, they need to make it on their own...

(This applies to everyone in the world, even Americans who survive on hand-outs!)

See also: Darwinism.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: palehorse74
No. With all the jobs we've outsourced to their country, they can afford to generate and pay for their own g'damn electricity.

I like India, and I like the Indian people... but it's not our duty as Americans to support them, or anyone else in the world, completely.

At some point, they need to make it on their own...

(This applies to everyone in the world, even Americans who survive on hand-outs!)

See also: Darwinism.

If given the chance my friend, that is what is the difference between Darwinism and Social Darwinism, Social Darwinism is forced progression while Darwinism is natural progression, if someone steals all your resources then you will not make it on your own.

The natural progression of India has more to do with the British Empire that abused and used India for a long time than anything else, but in todays world they are still used and abused by companies who just do not care and so it progresses to Social Darwinism and we don't want to go there, there is an amount of people that can be used and abused until they rise up and demand their own rights, i believe even China will see this some day, but the difference is that in India, they will hate the US and the UK for their use and abuse of the population and in China, it has been the government that has abused the people.

How do you expect them to make it on their own if they were never given the chance to do so?

First the UK and now the US and the demands are high while a few people make bucks, capitalism works in a well organised society like the US or the UK or the EU countries, but it doesn't work with extreme capitalist rules like none of our societies have, we all have rules and regulations against people working for nothing and living in small huts or ten year olds welding.

And all of this is tied into everything else, treat people like shit, disrespect them and one day they'll come back, bigger than you are and they'll whoop your arse.

See the start of terrorism in India against foreigners is already happening, we pretend it's against Juslims but you know as well as i do that that shit isn't true. Do we really want the LTTE to start turning on our tourists? They have refrained this far, the group that you know as well as i do are not suffering from any lack of supporters.

So my suggestion, with this very long post is that we start treating India like a nation of equals instead of a nation to be abused for more cash in our pockets.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: teclis1023
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Not only no, but HELL NO!

What possible reason would I have for giving a shit about people in an overcrowded 3rd world nation, especially one that has taken so many American jobs?

They didn't take our jobs. We gave them away.

Who is this we you speak of?

It is corporations that own the government that gave them away.

"We the people" have been taken out of the loop a long time ago.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: teclis1023
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Not only no, but HELL NO!

What possible reason would I have for giving a shit about people in an overcrowded 3rd world nation, especially one that has taken so many American jobs?

They didn't take our jobs. We gave them away.

Who is this we you speak of?

It is corporations that own the government that gave them away.

"We the people" have been taken out of the loop a long time ago.

dmcowen674 for President!

Dave, you're one of the few on these forums who understand that this is no longer a country of "We the People", but is instead a country of "We the Corporation."

I can just about guarantee that none of the people who lost their jobs to outsourcing said, "Yes, let's send our jobs to India to help those poor undernourished people." Nope, it was the corporations who said, "Fuck these Americans who think they are entitled to earn a wage that allows them to live comfortably. Let's send their jobs to a place where we can hire workers for 1/10th the wage and not have to pay benefits, not have to deal with pesky workers compensation, unemployment, or environmental laws."

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
So my suggestion, with this very long post is that we start treating India like a nation of equals instead of a nation to be abused for more cash in our pockets.
fair enough, but why should that lead to more money out of our pockets? (by "our," I mean US taxpayers).

My only real problem is with the "hand-out" mentality presented by the OP.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
fair enough, but why should that lead to more money out of our pockets? (by "our," I mean US taxpayers).

My only real problem is with the "hand-out" mentality presented by the OP.

I'm a life-long Democrat and I agree with palehorse...

If India wants to be treated as equals, they should start acting like equals...and that should NOT be dependent on handouts from us.

Rogodin2

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
Dieoff is going to happen regardless of how much energy you/we use both as a country and a global entity. I do care about my neighbors, my friends, my family, my coworkers, and my girlfriend's family, but everyone else just doesn't matter.

rogo