Would you like to have an AMD Duron or T-Bird permanently "unlocked"??

lhampel

Aug 16, 2000
AMD Duron & T-Bird L1 bridges will be soldered closed & returned for $13.50 (shipping included)
Basically this is how it works? use a low power microscope & good soldering skills, close all the L1 bridges.

If anyone is interested in having this done??? E-mail me.

check heatware for refs

later

DaddyG

Banned
Mar 24, 2000
This is interesting, the L1 bridges are brass, and brass and solder don't mix. ??

hopster

Dec 5, 1999
I used conductive epoxy and that worked WONDERFUL for me... easy enough and no heat/soldering worries.

dkozloski

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc and solders beautifully. There must be billions of soldered brass pipe fittings and electrical connections in the world.

lhampel

Aug 16, 2000
Brass is a bit more difficult to solder than copper, silver or gold. However it does work. If someone has a problem soldering brass, they can always use a little (RA) Flux.

tigger80

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2000
shouldn't this be posted in a different thread? o wells it seems quite expensive to have this done.

Technonut

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2000

<< o wells it seems quite expensive to have this done >>

I don't think that $10.00 + shipping is very much to have the chip soldered by a guy that has 20 years experience soldering for Motorolla. (His qualifications were posted in the For Sale Forum) I have heard cases of the pencil marking not working after awhile, and while it could be done with the rear window defogger stuff, I think a professional job would be much nicer. I plan on sending the guy a couple of mine to have done soon. Just my opinion.