Would you like an optional "Zombies" expansion for Civ 5?

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
I got this idea from watching World War Z (which i'm watching right now and 45 minutes in)...

I think it would be cool to have an optional option of a Zombie apocalypse or spread when you reach a specific point in the game. Maybe when you research X tech or when you advance to a specific era...

I'm aware it's not in the Civ franchise spirit at all but maybe a mod?!!?

I think it would be cool to drop some kind of virus in an enemy city, watch it spread in it's civ...and then realising it's too late cause the virus is now spreading in your own city.

Would you try this?

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I can't see me every bothering to install such a mod frankly. Civ 5 isn't really enhanced by a Zombie Apocalypse in any notable way.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
I got this idea from watching World War Z (which i'm watching right now and 45 minutes in)...

read the book, the movie is so far off its sad.. not that the movie is bad, not saying that, I liked it, but the book is done so well (there is a reason its a top seller and was made into a movie... well beside Hollywood not having an original thought in decades..)

Not sure a Zombie mod could work, Civ works against you (AI) if it wasn't gimped bad, it would just overrun you. Interesting Idea though.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Hell no.

I'm so freaking sick of zombies... they have even started to ruin books now; half the new fiction books at the library are about zombies. It's like the entire entertainment industry just said "screw new ideas... Zombies!'.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I want Luxury Resources expansion lol. I know it's stupid but I think it'd be cool if Citrus could be oranges/limes/lemons and fish could be halibut/cod/tuna and furs could be fox/raccoons/etc.

That was my only disappointment in BNW :D

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
>implying more games need zombies in them

I seriously hope you guys don't think this.

thm1223

Jun 24, 2011
I will never forget Russia trying to ask me if I'd trade my uranium for their surplus bananas in that game!

And I say nay to a zombie apocalypse mod for it. Not the right kind of game for it.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
3t5w2s.jpg

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
What I would like to see from a Civ expansion/Mod is a rebuilding post apocalypsescenario that has the earth as a blasted hellscape and your LOL society has to make something of itself against mutants and raiders and the masters army... or something like that.

The Zombie thing is becoming like a meta trope, with the idea of zombies "infecting" virtually every creative property and killing it.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
They've already added a virus that can't be killed and turns people into zombies -- it's called religion.

OMG Haile Selassie is a nightmare!

I wouldn't play that as a mod. I love the zombie modes in COD though and that's the only reason I have bought recent versions of it.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
What I would like to see from a Civ expansion/Mod is a rebuilding post apocalypsescenario that has the earth as a blasted hellscape and your LOL society has to make something of itself against mutants and raiders and the masters army... or something like that.

The Zombie thing is becoming like a meta trope, with the idea of zombies "infecting" virtually every creative property and killing it.

That's actually a pretty cool idea. Kind of like TBS Fallout.

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006

Love this idea!

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
Zombies jumped the shark years and years ago. They've been so done and redone and overdone repeatedly that they're tired and need to be put away now, mkay?

Just like there used to be more video games about killing nazis than you could possibly count, the shit got old and tired. Time to move on to something more creative.