Would you help a guy you sold your car to, get the vehicle out of the tow yard?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

murdock2525

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
I hope..when you signed the title you should ALWAYS Date it and put the hour and have them initial it !! If he killed someone ??? Guess whos' car he was driving ?
Welcumm too Americo o o Comprende amigo ?

TheGameIs21

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2001
The bank probably is involved if the car has not been paid off yet. They just need to transfer the secondary holder to the new owner. The bank is the primary currently.

The guy did a stupid thing. If you want to keep him as a friend, help him get the car out ONCE!!!

I do see where you are going to help him out though.... Good friend.

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
Actually whoevers' name on the title is responsible for the charges incurred..

The owner of the car is responsible for a lot of things, and can be sued, their insurance sued, etc if an accident occurs. Don't think for a minute that because he's driving a car in your name, that you aren't liable for actions done in that car :)

MuffD

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
See, the car is in his name supposedly but the only thing is that he's still waiting for the papers to come down from the DMV according to him .
Also, he's not a friend, just some guy that offered to buy my car. How he got ahold of me is beyond me. He must have kept the Auto trader add or something with my cell phone # on it. So I really don't care if this dude hates me or not since he means absolutely nothing to me. It's like I'm stuck. I wanna do a nice thing and help this guy but then again like everyone here is saying, I could be doing lots of others a favor and saving some lives by not helping this guy.