Would you ever date someone a few years older and who has kids?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Chunkee
please splain this formula of love...

Assign weights to each "asset" that the woman has then see how she fits to your own scale (you may prefer at least a 10 or a 0 may be fine). Essentially a visual way to represent how you judge things :p.

I've also tried working out a formula to determine the weight of females online :p. "Average" body type my ass, if that's average then I'm anorexic.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: CKent
Few years older, sure. Kids, no fscking way jesus christ are you out of your goddamn mind?

I'll add the clarification that younger, older, or exactly equal down to the minute - the bolded part takes priority. :p

- M4H

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
I would if the woman was widowed or something to that nature, otherwise, probably not. I could always change my mind depending on the situation of course.

There are a few different scenarios which would be totally acceptable at least hypothetically. I have no idea how I would handle the situation in a real life situation, but I am open to the idea of it.

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
Be careful because in Canada if you date and go into a common law relationship and then break up, you are entitled to pay child support for those kids.

elektrolokomotive

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2004
My last marriage ended because my ex's previous husband was still around and had too much malevolent influence due to the children. Long story... I posted about this around last May, do a search if you're interested. So, no. At this point, I wouldn't ever get involved with another woman who had kids if the father was still in the picture. A good relationship is gratifying, but hard enough work without having outside influences at work trying to undermine it.

gwrober

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2005
Originally posted by: hongkongfever
From a guys point of view, would you date someone a few years older and has kids? Do you think society has become more accepting of single moms or is it still a "tisk tisk?"

My wife was a single mom....:heart:

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: hongkongfever
From a guys point of view, would you date someone a few years older and has kids? Do you think society has become more accepting of single moms or is it still a "tisk tisk?"

Hangout, party, sex, & never see her kids? Sure. Date seriously or have a relationship with? No. WAY too much baggage. Even the sex may be off the table once you see what having kids can do to some women's bodies. Yech!

eleison

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Originally posted by: Compton
no chance in hell!!

I wouldn't... what happens if your step son gets mad at you and yells out: "... but you're not my real father!!!" with the puzzyification of america, smacking him on the head might land you in jail...

Having a real son, you can say, and I quote from Bill Crosby: "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.." :)

-eleison

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
I want 2 or 3 kids of my own, and maybe the girl would not want to have that many kids. By the same token though, I don't want a really large family (like a total of 5 kids..i'd like for the 2 or 3 to be mine). Basically there are too many good women out there, why go for damaged goods? Having to settle for a heavier chick would be much better than a hot one with kids