Would you date a single mom?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
Most of these women are looking for a replacement father for their kid as well as a guy that can bring in the dough.

They're subsequently materialistic & constantly on the lookout for men......and are VERY, VERY, VERY easy to bed as they're pretty desperate to put a warm body in thier home.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I didn't read the whole thread, but wanted to chime in with my vote: I would (and have), provided her kid(s) liked me and if she met my standards as someone I would normally date.

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
No.

Like volcanoes, the sun, and large predatory animals - kids are best appreciated from a distance.

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
Originally posted by: dr150
Most of these women are looking for a replacement father for their kid as well as a guy that can bring in the dough.

They're subsequently materialistic & constantly on the lookout for men......and are VERY, VERY, VERY easy to bed as they're pretty desperate to put a warm body in thier home.

Yep. That is pretty much right on. I met one a couple weeks ago. Nice as good be, wanted a father, and wanted a responsible, romantic husband. (something that she didn't get in her first marriage)

Definately a hottie.

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Yeah, I probably would.

Hell...there's a woman at work (just turned 31) who's pretty darn cute, with 3 kids, who's in the process of breaking up with her husband. If I was a bit older (i'm 20 in a couple of months), and I was not in a relationship, i'd be hitting on her like there was no tomorrow.

Cute + good personality + get on well with here = hell yes!

Confused

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Actually I've been asking myself this same question recently. I'm not sure it's something I'd want to get into, but at the same time, sort of falling for this girl in question. I'm 21, she's 20. I don't know. :eek:

Praetor

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Confused
Yeah, I probably would.

Hell...there's a woman at work (just turned 31) who's pretty darn cute, with 3 kids, who's in the process of breaking up with her husband. If I was a bit older (i'm 20 in a couple of months), and I was not in a relationship, i'd be hitting on her like there was no tomorrow.

Cute + good personality + get on well with here = hell yes!

Confused

I don't know why, but I was always under the impression that you were older than that.

sd

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
Date? Hell yeah! Marry? Depends on many factors, but most likely yes if I was in love.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
question. if you marry a single mother and divorce her, do you pay child support for her child?