Would you date a chunky girl who made good grades?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
I know this is a radical idea: when it comes choosing women looks are not the most important criteria. The most fun, the sexiest, the smartest, the nicest, and the warmest women I have known were not magazine beautiful. Personally, I would choose soimeone I could live with over a pretty face.
You realize that this is a teenage girl? I don't think she's looking for a husband right now!

he probably didn't start dating until 30

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: fermium
Originally posted by: Triumph
I think he means that there are guys out there who value an intelligent girl over a bimbo. As for chunky, I got no problems with that. Some chunky girls carry their weight very well, proportion-wise, and I'd take them over a beanpole any day.

Agreed
Agreed - if you're older. If I'm a 16 year old I don't care how great an attorney she is likely to be in the future. Bimbos first!

I think Skoorb wishes he was 16 again and getting action from bimbos.

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Depends on the definition of 'chunky'. I've known very pretty girls that were a bit larger, and known very ugly girls that are skinny.

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Edited for accuracy
Dear Look,
Don't act anything. Be yourself and let life happen. With a little patience, your very own personality will attract the perfect boyfriend for you. Trust Prudie; there are boys aplenty who are attracted to girls with good grades and the knack for being friends with boys. The trick is to get breast implants and lose weight. Get off your fat butt, excersize, and get your nose out of the books.

?Prudie, positively

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: MogulMonster
Edited for accuracy
Dear Look,
Don't act anything. Be yourself and let life happen. With a little patience, your very own personality will attract the perfect boyfriend for you. Trust Prudie; there are boys aplenty who are attracted to girls with good grades and the knack for being friends with boys. The trick is to get breast implants and lose weight. Get off your fat butt, excersize, and get your nose out of the books.

?Prudie, positively

Quoted for truth

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Plain and simple solution: this chick needs to learn how to give good blowjobs

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
From the original:

I am chunky but not fat, and most of the girls are much prettier than me. They get bad grades; I get good ones. They get boyfriends; I have friends who are boys.

Even if there are guys at her school that are ok with "chunky" girls, if she is not attractive, then she's SOL. Ugliness is NOT attractive, regardless of your weight.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
If they have an extra 5-15lbs, it's no biggie. But things get shifty when they're carrying around an extra 50-100lbs. I don't necessarily see a direct correlation between weight and attractiveness because even bra and panty models can have the ugliest face.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Edited for accuracy
Dear Look,
Don't act anything. Be yourself and let life happen. With a little patience, your very own personality will attract the perfect boyfriend for you. Trust Prudie; there are boys aplenty who are attracted to girls with good grades and the knack for being friends with boys. The trick is to get breast implants and lose weight. Get off your fat butt, exercise, and get your nose out of the books and into their laps where they want it.

?Prudie, positively

Quoted for truth

Quoted for spelling/grammar, you guys sux0r @ teh English - and for "further appeal to high school boys". :p

- M4H

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: aircooled
Originally posted by: redly1
Plain and simple solution: this chick needs to learn how to give good blowjobs
Good BJ's trump chunky-ness :)

From what I've heard, they seem to be correllated ... in the locker-room language - "Fat chicks give excellent head."

- M4H

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Edited for accuracy
Dear Look,
Don't act anything. Be yourself and let life happen. With a little patience, your very own personality will attract the perfect boyfriend for you. Trust Prudie; there are boys aplenty who are attracted to girls with good grades and the knack for being friends with boys. The trick is to get breast implants and lose weight. Get off your fat butt, exercise, and get your nose out of the books and into their laps where they want it.

?Prudie, positively

Quoted for truth

Quoted for spelling/grammar, you guys sux0r @ teh English - and for "further appeal to high school boys". :p

- M4H

Quoted for truth

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
a) looks are among the only things that matter at that age
b) who cares about grades? I know a lot of intelligent girls that I would never consider dating regardless of looks because they have no personality. I don't care how booksmart a girl is...her actual personality is what really matters.
c) this girl just needs to lose some damn weight!