Would you date a chunky girl who made good grades?

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
According to Dear Prudence, there are guys who like that kinda stuff.

Dear Prudie,
I am a teenager who has had only one boyfriend her entire life. Many dances have passed with me staying home. I am chunky but not fat, and most of the girls are much prettier than me. They get bad grades; I get good ones. They get boyfriends; I have friends who are boys. What is the secret to having/getting a boyfriend? I flirt and act sweet, but nothing works.

?Looking for Love

Dear Look,
Don't act anything. Be yourself and let life happen. With a little patience, your very own personality will attract the perfect boyfriend for you. Trust Prudie; there are boys aplenty who are attracted to girls with good grades and the knack for being friends with boys. The trick is to get to know someone who wants to get to know you.

?Prudie, positively

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
What is the secret to having/getting a boyfriend? I flirt and act sweet, but nothing works.

Have you tried losing weight?
rolleye.gif

- Hammer, professional whale harpooner

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Dumb. If I was older I'd forgive some attractiveness for a smart woman with a good career, but if I'm 16? Who gives a flying sh*t?

The advice given in response to this tubbies problems is an unhelpful copout. With patience? Yeah, maybe 10 years. She wants some action now, and telling her anything other than that she has to pretty up is just not helping.

zzzz

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Hammer
What is the secret to having/getting a boyfriend? I flirt and act sweet, but nothing works.

Have you tried losing weight?
rolleye.gif

- Hammer, professional whale harpooner

I was going to suggest joining atot.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
No, I'm not that type. And I can't go into anymore detail without instigating a sexist argument with yet another male ATOT member, who also thinks im a jerk.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Dumb. If I was older I'd forgive some attractiveness for a smart woman with a good career, but if I'm 16? Who gives a flying sh*t?

The advice given in response to this tubbies problems is an unhelpful copout. With patience? Yeah, maybe 10 years. She wants some action now, and telling her anything other than that she has to pretty up is just not helping.

It's the same BS advice guys get, "Just be yourself". Well being yourself is the problem!

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think he means that there are guys out there who value an intelligent girl over a bimbo. As for chunky, I got no problems with that. Some chunky girls carry their weight very well, proportion-wise, and I'd take them over a beanpole any day.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Triumph
I think he means that there are guys out there who value an intelligent girl over a bimbo. As for chunky, I got no problems with that. Some chunky girls carry their weight very well, proportion-wise, and I'd take them over a beanpole any day.

To the bean pole dames in the magazines
You aint it Miss thing
Give me a sista can't resist her
Red beans and rice didn't miss her

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
I would rather have a full figured woman with a thought in her head than a trophy girlfriend who couldn't carry a conversion beyond what outfit she should be wearing or gets lost reading a Count with Elmo book.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Actually, you know what it is? Resentment. I go to the gym and work my butt off at least 4 times a week and fight off the natural urge to eat something really fating. While these girls do nothing but sit home, study, and eat fudge ice cream all day.

To hell with them, I say, not unless they have a physical disorder (eating a lot does not count), I'm not going to "feel" sorry for them. Maybe I'll be attracted to them as a friend, but definitely not sexually.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
It depends what "chunky" is. Most girls that call themselves "chunky" are actually lardasses, that just call themselves "chunky" because they are in denial/to make themselves feel better about themselves.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: digitalsm
It depends what "chunky" is. Most girls that call themselves "chunky" are actually lardasses, that just call themselves "chunky" because they are in denial/to make themselves feel better about themselves.
You're so insensitive. It's called big-boned, and it's what God intended of her, so if you can't accept her for who she is, then you don't deserve her anyway.

I'm kidding, BTW :)

FuZoR

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2001
sorry the word chunky scares me lol... if someone set me up a blind date and said shes kinda chunky.. i would RUN and run FAST!!! :p
Being a bit chubby with baby fat is ok but any more is to much.

As for this girl... maybe she should go after the ugly fat boys in hs.

marquee

Banned
Aug 25, 2003
I wouldn't. Any girl I'd be interested in would have to at least be as fit as myself. I'd say I'm of average proportions, so I'd want someone the same. I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling this way. Most girls would prefer to date a guy taller than them, so why can't I have some physical requirements that must be satisfied as well?

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: digitalsm

Hey, I'd rather that then some Gigantoresqe "woman" with the "Big Is Beautiful" attitude trying to wear tight pants, halter top, and a thong.

Like mentioned - sure I'd be friends with a "chunky" girl who made good grades. But there isn't enough booze, smack, crack, and pot in the world to get me fvcked up enough to tap that double-XL-booty.

- M4H

79Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2003

Agreed

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: fermium

Agreed
Agreed - if you're older. If I'm a 16 year old I don't care how great an attorney she is likely to be in the future. Bimbos first!

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: fermium

Agreed
Agreed - if you're older. If I'm a 16 year old I don't care how great an attorney she is likely to be in the future. Bimbos first!

Gotta set your standards on both sides to make a match... if you are a 16yogeekmale you probably won't get the hot cheerleader. And vice versa (well, the hot cheerleader could get the 16yo geek, but, the chunky female won't get the athletic guys). Well, in general. With enough drugs/alcohol, raging hormones, and proper timing anything can happen...

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I know this is a radical idea: when it comes choosing women looks are not the most important criteria. The most fun, the sexiest, the smartest, the nicest, and the warmest women I have known were not magazine beautiful. Personally, I would choose soimeone I could live with over a pretty face.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
I know this is a radical idea: when it comes choosing women looks are not the most important criteria. The most fun, the sexiest, the smartest, the nicest, and the warmest women I have known were not magazine beautiful. Personally, I would choose soimeone I could live with over a pretty face.
You realize that this is a teenage girl? I don't think she's looking for a husband right now!

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
I'm revoking your doctorate in smoothology.

Teenage boys are gonna go for the hotties. Reality bites; so maybe she should stop taking so many.