Would you change anything?

Smoove910

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2006
Shot with a K7 and DA 16-45mm lens. No filters or tripod. Handheld due to losing light extremely fast in the civil twilight. I did enhance and sharpen just a hair, but the majority of the edit was getting the crop correct. Dropped it from a 14mb file down to 3mb after cropping.

Honestly, I think it came out well. I'm a hiker by nature, and just love to see what kind of things I can come up with. The creative side of photography is fun, but the hunt for the shot is what brings me back.

Thoughts?!?

Barn_resized.jpg

Last edited:

angry hampster

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2007
www.lexaphoto.com
More room to the left of the barn, and higher contrast.

Would you mind sending the original over? It's a gorgeous shot and I'd like to give editing it a shot. Feel free to watermark it if you're uncomfortable -- I just want to see what I can do with it. steve AT lexaphoto.com

Smoove910

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2006
To the left more was a smaller building (a tack shed?) and a house. To the right was a large power pole and power lines. Lines were edited out.

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
It's very colorful, but dull.
Is it the contrast? I don't know.

Did the sunset ever pop on the left side of the barn?

Smoove910

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2006
Did the sunset ever pop on the left side of the barn?

The lighting on the barn was as bright as could be since the sun had already set. Remember, the Civil Twilight is the point after the sun goes down until the darkness of night comes about.

Another fact is there was a huge thunderhead above us and rainbows galore behind us. The lighting was caused by the storm passing overhead which made everything else dark. Wierd lighting, great mood, hard to replicate. (Plus I'm still learning my camera).

angry hampster

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2007
www.lexaphoto.com
Would you mind posting a larger version or one that you wouldn't mind being edited? I'd like to make a couple quick adjustments to show you what is possible with that image.

Smoove910

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2006
Would you mind posting a larger version or one that you wouldn't mind being edited? I'd like to make a couple quick adjustments to show you what is possible with that image.

Sorry Angry, I don't post the originals anywhere. Those are locked up. :)