Would you buy dryer lint on ebay?

slickcat

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2001
My girlfriend started collecting dryer lint from our dryer. For the past few months she has been putting the lint in a butter type container and molding it into shapes. She recently started selling the shapes on ebay. The purpose I have with this thread is to find out how many people are actually willing to buy dryer lint on ebay.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Has she sold any? Its an interesting sociology experiment, that's for sure..

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
I remember hearing that dryer lint is highly compustible... I don't know why and thinking about it, it doesn't seem like it should be more combustible than the original fabric.... perhaps more so because it's particlulate... beats me...

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Would you be willing to buy my nut hair collection if I posted it on eBay?
rolleye.gif

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
why don't you go ahead and file this idea right under the "Jump to Conclusions Mat"

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I used to have jeans, t-shirts, socks and towels, but I gave them all up for lint. :)

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Originally posted by: djheater
I remember hearing that dryer lint is highly compustible... I don't know why and thinking about it, it doesn't seem like it should be more combustible than the original fabric.... perhaps more so because it's particlulate... beats me...
It's a great firestarter. Touch a match to a large piece, and it goes up very fast.

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
and to answer the question.. No! i have dryer lint at home... but 100% of it goes in the garbage..

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
heh, actually you could make a bundle impersonating a woman and saying it's the lint from your lingerie.

Wierd.............

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
I thought maybe people were selling lint from the dryers of celebrities.

Funny that you should mention that it is combustible.

Back in my pyro days, I burned some dryer lint. It goes up fast!

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
> I don't know why and thinking about it, it doesn't seem like it should be more combustible than the original fabric.... perhaps more so because it's particlulate... beats me...

You nailed it, the particulate. Just like sawdust is much more flamable than wood ;)
Bill

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
what the.......

so you can make a profit off of buying socks, stinking them up, and them selling them on ebay?

what the.......