Would you buy a USED or Refurbished video card?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I've purchased 3 used GTX560's from different members here. All over the course of 2 years and all of them are still in use now.
Buying used is a great way to save some money as long as you trust the seller to be honest.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
REFURBISHED: Never

USED: Only from forum members with good reputation or people I know. Maybe Craiglist if I can personnally test the card.

I will second this. The last 3 cards I've purchased, have been from fellow forums member's. No issues at all.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Bought a few used from Frys,well the ones returned and they were good at the location i frequented to check any return items.Not the biggest bargains but still cheap enough.

Always bought new on newegg outside of Frys. Have sold plenty of cards and parts in perfect working order,going as far as bringing my own psu to ensure a working gpu or parts before cash exchanged.The fun of a local sale.:)

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
I had bought my 780 Classified as a refurb, B-stock from eVGA. No complaints here, but I understand YMMV very well.

chetansha

Sep 2, 2006
I have purchased quite a few used gfx cards from ebay.com and they have all served me well.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
The R9 290 I got used had issues from the get-go and died completely a little over a month after receiving it. So, no.

Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005
If the deal was good enough obviously I consider it, but most of these cards aren't that much cheaper considering you don't know what you are getting and they normally have minimal to no warranty.

Would stay well clear of anything that looks like it might have been used for mining.