Would you be this casual about finding a human head?

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
There have been dead bodies and pieces of them found off our coast lately. Read this news story from the local paper and tell me if you could do what the fishermen did with the head they found :Q link

Hooligan

Aug 25, 2001
Well, he was out there for there for fishing and the head's not going anywhere. I would keep on fishing, then when I get back to port giveit to the proper authorities. What would YOU do ?

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I'd take it to a taxidermist and had it mounted :p Seriously, you don't think it would creep you out at all having someone's head in the cooler next to your brew? It's easy to armchair quaterback it but if the decomposed head was sitiing on the deck of the boat I'm not sure most sober ;) people would be that nonchalant about it.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
Its not like they can save the guy by rushing the head back to port...

You'll be able to tell who the fishermen are and who aren't based on the thread responses...

I'm a fisherman, BTW.

Ryan

Hooligan

Aug 25, 2001
I obviously wouldn't be sober if I found a head. And if I found one and I was sober, I'd find a way to get unsober ASAP. :)

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
after a boat filled with immigrants from the Dominican Republic off Jupiter Island.

I'm assuming they meant to say "sunk" off Jupiter Island? Also, didn't it say they were fishing like 20+ miles off the coast? Isn't that a pretty long ride? I think I might keep fishing too..he's not going anywhere. ;)

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Seriously, you don't think it would creep you out at all having someone's head in the cooler next to your brew?

They said they put it in a plastic bag in a bucket...out of sight, out of mind. ;)

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
LMAO :D I'm really aluding to the fact that I'm certain the head wasn't the only thing in the bag on that trip ;) Most everyone here loves to fish and the only thing they love catchin' more than fish is a buzz :cool:

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
So how are you supposed to react when you find a dead body or remains, run away screaming hysterically and slit your wrists?

Parts is parts. Ever look at your turkey on Thanskgiving? You can find large veins and nerves running through the wings and legs. I pluck them out and eat 'em...yummie!

I mean, what is the basis for reacting hysterically? Its not as though the head is going to open its eyes, then fling itself at you and chew your throat out. It's dead, it can't hurt you.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
So how are you supposed to react when you find a dead body or remains, run away screaming hysterically and slit your wrists?
You won't be runnin far, your in a boat ;)
Parts is parts. Ever look at your turkey on Thanskgiving? You can find large veins and nerves running through the wings and legs. I pluck them out and eat 'em...yummie!
Now that we've heard from Dr. Lecter :p:D
if I was expecting to find bodies, probably I wouldnt freak out, if not...
Exactly, IMO if a head is bobbing in the water by the boat and you notice it, I think there would be some shock value in that if not you are probably psycho *hint hint* ;)

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: tcsenter

Congratulations, that's definitely sig material :D

As for the head, if I understand correctly, these professional fishing expeditions cost serious money to do, and if they just sailed into port they'd take a pretty big financial hit.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
WIFE "Hi dear. how was your fishing trip?"

HUSBAND "Not bad. I didn't catch any fish, though I did get a little head..."

WIFE "YOU BASTARD!! I Knew you were messing around on me!!!"

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Brutuskend

ROTFL!! :D

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Brutuskend

hahahaha

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

Congratulations, that's definitely sig material :D

As for the head, if I understand correctly, these professional fishing expeditions cost serious money to do, and if they just sailed into port they'd take a pretty big financial hit.
It wasn't a charter it was his own boat, everyone has their own fishing boat around here be it a bass boat for the St. John's or an offshore boat. I don't blame him for not heading straight in as it's a long ride ;)

ObiDon

Diamond Member
May 8, 2000
I'd probably be a little shocked at first but I doubt it would last.

It would be a lot different if I went to the back yard to feed the dog and found him batting the head around. :Q

bonk102

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
"It had been out there a while, what's a couple of hours," Trabulsy said.

what is wrong with this guy???

Kojak

Jul 31, 2001
well it's certainly not something to lose one's head over...

LOL

I would not let it go to my head and worry too much. Those fishing trips take time and money.

sparkyclarky

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002

I mean, what is the basis for reacting hysterically? Its not as though the head is going to open its eyes, then fling itself at you and chew your throat out. It's dead, it can't hurt you.

LOL. Although, when you're drunk, the possibilities are endless!