Would you avoid introducing someone with a low paying job to your coworkers/friends?

vital

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2000
I'm dating this chick who graduated w/ a Psychology degree but didn't go for her Masters so her degree is pretty much worthless. She's just working as an assistant at a clinic and it's not even related to her field. I didn't ask how much she was making but I'm sure it's not much. So do do you avoid introducing girls that aren't par w/ your peers or coworkers career-wise given the fact that they have a degree?

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
You are a jackass. Tell the girl this so she can stop seeing you immediately.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: vital
I'm dating this chick who graduated w/ a Psychology degree but didn't go for her Masters so her degree is pretty much worthless. She's just working as an assistant at a clinic and it's not even related to her field. I didn't ask how much she was making but I'm sure it's not much. So do do you avoid introducing girls that aren't par w/ your peers or coworkers career-wise given the fact that they have a degree?

What kind of shallow person are you?

Is the girl smart? Are you smart?

I see young people nowadays putting so much emphasis on paper and superficial things, and they completely ignore the content of one's character. The end result is a hollow shell of a human being that must rely on a piece of paper hanging on their wall to prove that they're worth something.

SsupernovaE

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2006
What kind of a question is this? Would you like for someone superior to you to never associate with you?

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
This thread could get interesting if it continues, given all of the replies in another thread claiming that money can in fact buy complete happiness.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
nope. i don't base my friendship or such on how much a person makes.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Reminds me of a chump friend I had (no longer friends with him of course because he's a douche)...

He was dating a secretary and he was a manager. After about 2 months of dating he told her she was prefect but he wanted somebody more in line with his financial aspects.

she showed him her paycheck and told him to leave immediately. Turns out she was making twice what he was. LOL!

Slackware

Banned
Jan 5, 2007

Let her go, a loser like you should not have a girl, EVER, if you are conscious about what your co workers are thinking about your girl, then you are totally fvcked in the head, a relationship is between who it is, the rest of the world can pretty much just accpt it or not, and you won't care...

That is, when you grow into a man, i doubt you ever will though.

vital

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2000
Sorry I didn't explain myself better. I don't have a problem w/ what she does. But from past experience she seems like she doesn't feel comfortable w/ my friends because they'll be like "I' an analyst, teacher, programmer, dentist, etc" The last time we were hanging out and a coworker asked her what she did, and she just said "i don't work." I just dont want her to feel uncomfortable around my friends.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Sorry I didn't explain myself better. I don't have a problem w/ what she does. But from past experience she seems like she doesn't feel comfortable w/ my friends because they'll be like "I' an analyst, teacher, programmer, dentist, etc" The last time we were hanging out and a coworker asked her what she did, and she just said "i don't work." I just dont want her to feel uncomfortable around my friends.

Sounds like your friends are just as bad as you.

vital

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2000
Originally posted by: spidey07

What's wrong w/ asking someone what they do?

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: spidey07

sort of like, "they deserve each other"......

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Slackware

Let her go, a loser like you should not have a girl, EVER, if you are conscious about what your co workers are thinking about your girl, then you are totally fvcked in the head, a relationship is between who it is, the rest of the world can pretty much just accpt it or not, and you won't care...

Not that I disagree with you, but how would you know the OP would never grow into a man, with you just having joined the forums today? You could not possibly have observed him for long enough to know this, so:
WWYBYWB?

vital

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Slackware

This isn't about how I feel. I'm fine w/ what she does. I just dont want her to feel uncomfortable around other people because she lied about what she does.