Would you accept full pardon for Trump in exchange for his resignation?

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
I would have to say yes. While it would be so, so sweet to see Trump end up in prison, or perhaps more appropriately a mental institution, assuming of course he's guilty, my concerns for the health of the nation have to take precedence over any feelings of retribution I have towards the man. The Russia stuff is obviously concerning, but I find the mans total incompetence and other well known mental deficiencies far more concerning regarding his capacity to execute the basic functions of the office. I strongly disagree with Pence's politics, but given his past experience I have to assume he is at least a competent administrator as an executive, and appreciates the sheer weight and responsibility of the office and duty to country rather than himself. Also, Trumps very humiliating fall from grace would be punishment enough given his well known insecurities and narcissism. I would bet the man would be dead within a few years after getting removed from office.

Jan 25, 2011
Alright we might be getting to the point of silliness with all the threads about Trump being impeached, resigning etc... While the current situation has the potential to be very damaging it's far too premature to even think about these possibilities, especially with someone like Trump.

Reactions: rvborgh

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
If he takes down as many other people as possible, I'd give him immunity, sure.

Let him feel shrewd and destroy the party of greed so it can be rebuilt on principle instead.

It'd be nice to have two viable political parties.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Nosir, I don't like it.

Actually, pardoning him for whatever hypothetical crimes come up as president is one thing. Once he is a citizen, though, he is open to all of the other lawsuits that he has been fending off his entire life.

He can't really be saved from the legal shitstorm arrayed against his illegitimate empire and legacy of disdainful profiteering off the backs of the poor, the middle class, and the poorly informed. I'm pretty sure that there will be a reckoning coming, now that all of who is has been laid bare to the public.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Alright we might be getting to the point of silliness with all the threads about Trump being impeached, resigning etc... While the current situation has the potential to be very damaging it's far too premature to even think about these possibilities, especially with someone like Trump.

All the speculation about Trumps Russian connections during the campaign was also silly talk, and here we are now with a NSA fired in the first month, a recused attorney general, 2 investigative committees in congress, and a special prosecutor just appointed, so I dont think it's all that ludicrous to keep imagining where it might be headed. Now to be clear I am not one that is going to cry foul if Mueller doesn't find any concrete evidence of collusion, especially by Trump himself as opposed to some of his campaign surrogates. With somebody as uniquely incompetent and mentally deficient as Trump, it can be difficult to discern intent from sheer incompetence. On the other hand Trump made the decision to leave his little playboy penthouse and seek the highest office in the land, so if his stupid mouth leads him to unknowingly commit a felony, it is his own fault.

Feb 4, 2009
First as far as we know he's done nothing wrong. Second if shit got too real he'd resign and Pence would undoubtedly issue a pardon

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
As much as I think he is incompetent for the job and so full of himself, I am beginning to feel sorry for him. I think he blindly acts most of the time without realizing the consequences of his actions. So yes, a full pardon if he resigns. But if he were to stay on, maybe delegate the running of the country to Pence and just be a figurehead.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Even you should be able to admit there's some serious smoke.

My best friend whom I debate with regularly is an alt-right conservative. Dont hold your breath. They think this is all bullshit, and can "but Hillary" every single development that comes out. The strength of their reality bubble is truly astounding.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
He has to be pardoned for being an evil, evil, evil NON-progressive! *spit*
Reminds of this...

“My people are so smart,” Trump told the crowd in Sioux Center, Iowa on Saturday. “And you know what else they say about my people? … They say I have the most loyal people.”

He continued: “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like, incredible.”

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/01/25/donald-trump-i-could-shoot-somebody-and-not-lose-any-voters

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
If he takes Pence with him, wait who's after Pence, never mind we're doomed.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
My best friend whom I debate with regularly is an alt-right conservative. Dont hold your breath. They think this is all bullshit, and can "but Hillary" every single development that comes out. The strength of their reality bubble is truly astounding.

They can think what they want. If it were just the dems or the media they might have a point, but it's the FBI. The FBI doesn't play. If they are investigating there is a smoking gun worthy of investigating. Not only are they investigating there are over 150 FBI staff on it prior to Comeys firing. If there were "nothing to see" the FBI wouldn't devote resources to it period.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Democracy dies the instant that one party tries to imprison the political figures of the other party. It all starts out innocently, imprison a corrupt leader and think you can move on. Then the next thing you know, whomever is in power will imprison any rival and you have a pseudo-dictatorship.

Here is the list of countries that have recently imprisoned the political opposition:
  • Russia,
  • Venezuela,
  • Taiwan,
  • Chile,
  • Egypt,
  • North Korea,
  • South Korea,
  • Zimbabwe, and
  • Iran.
Is this the group that you want the US to belong to?

To this day, the most dangerous thing that Trump has said is to lock up Hillary. Trump crimes or not, we do not want to get into the business of locking up political figures. Get Trump out of power, undo what he did, and move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: WackyDan and KMFJD

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Democracy dies the instant that one party tries to imprison the political figures of the other party. It all starts out innocently, imprison a corrupt leader and think you can move on. Then the next thing you know, whomever is in power will imprison any rival and you have a pseudo-dictatorship.

Here is the list of countries that have recently imprisoned the political opposition:
  • Russia,
  • Venezuela,
  • Taiwan,
  • Chile,
  • Egypt,
  • North Korea,
  • Zimbabwe, and
  • Iran.

To this day, the most dangerous thing that Trump has said is to lock up Hillary. Trump crimes or not, we do not want to get into the business of locking up political figures. Get Trump out of power, undo what he did, and move on.

If he colluded with Russia and did other nefarious things, his *** needs to be in Leavenworth. No need for that slippery slope nonsense. You can add South Korea to that list, btw.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

• Russia,
  • Venezuela,
  • Taiwan,
  • Chile,
  • Egypt,
  • North Korea,
  • Zimbabwe, and
  • Iran.

That's not even a fair comparison. In this case it would be Trump's own Executive Branch imprisoning him. We have laws and as Trump himself said during the campaign, noone should be too big for them.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Sure, impeachment is not about convicting people of crimes it's about protecting the country from dangerous or incompetent leaders. I don't care much what happens to him when he's no longer president as then he's just another rich, bloviating asshole.