Would this piss you off? *poll position*

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
A few days ago, I asked my friend if he's up for seeing a movie at the theatre near my house, implying that he would be the one to drive. He asked if I was treating and I said I was (Afterall, he was going to drive about 15 or 20 minutes to pick me up, plus I invited him and therefore I didn't mind buying his ticket.) So we get to the theatre, I bought popcorn and a drink for myself, plus treated him to a drink. I didn't get a thank-you. We sit down in the theatre and buddy starts helping himself to my popcorn. Not even so much as a, "Hey can I have some?" or anything. Movie was hilarious, and he drives me home after. I thank him for driving me home and he scoffs and says, "Do you think a little thank-you is going to make up for all that money I spent on gas?" And he's totally serious. I replied, "I paid for your ticket, a drink, and you live not even 20 minutes away. You drive a Honda Civic and at most probably spent a dollar on gas!" He says, "Whatever" and I left with mumbling a goodbye.

Am I wrong to feel wronged?

marquee

Banned
Aug 25, 2003
dont ask him out to a movie again.. someone who complains about gas money on a short trip like that is a fool

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
next time you get into his car, wear some muddy boots, and start stomping your muddy boots on his seats while exclaiming: "fu** yo' seats, ni***! fu** yo' seats!" then when he asks why your doing that, just respond: "cause im melly, b&#ch!" and then quickly follow that up with: "cold-blooooooooooded"

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: ClueLis
Originally posted by: xmellyx
Originally posted by: BlipBlop
you use the word 'friend' too loosely.

We are friends. Period.

I think he meant that you shouldn't consider him your friend.

Agreed. He was very, very rude. Maybe I'm assuming things here, but from the tone of the original post, he had the audacity to expect some kind of physical "reward" for driving you to a movie that you paid for.

In my case, if I went to the movies with a girl who was strictly a friend, I would do the gallant thing and pay for the movie and snacks, and just have a nice time. This guy's an ass.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

We are friends. Period.

Agreed. He was very, very rude. Maybe I'm assuming things here, but from the tone of the original post, he had the audacity to expect some kind of physical "reward" for driving you to a movie that you paid for.

In my case, if I went to the movies with a girl who was strictly a friend, I would do the gallant thing and pay for the movie and snacks, and just have a nice time. This guy's an ass.

Truth be told, he's an ex of mine and he wants to get back together with me but I said I can only offer friendship. Then about a month ago he met a girl who he seems to really like and apparently things are going well. He didn't even make a pass at me this time...so I don't think he was expecting anything.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: anxi80
next time you get into his car, wear some muddy boots, and start stomping your muddy boots on his seats while exclaiming: "fu** yo' seats, ni***! fu** yo' seats!" then when he asks why your doing that, just respond: "cause im melly, b&#ch!" and then quickly follow that up with: "cold-blooooooooooded"

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

but yeah, maybe he wanted a piece of ass? what a scrub

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

We are friends. Period.

Truth be told, he's an ex of mine and he wants to get back together with me but I said I can only offer friendship. Then about a month ago he met a girl who he seems to really like and apparently things are going well. He didn't even make a pass at me this time...so I don't think he was expecting anything.

Hmm. So this guy's with someone, yet still says to you, "Do you think a little thank-you is going to make up for all that money I spent on gas?" What was he expecting in return?

Sounds like a dirtbag to me.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
LOL :D

Cocaine is a helluva drug...

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: PipBoy
who's stephanie tanner? that guy is a dick.

From the 80s/90s show "Full House"...she used to say "How wewwwwwwwwd!"

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: GRIFFIN1
He was just pissed because you didn't give up the booty.
Think there was a hole in the bottom of the tub of popcorn?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: PipBoy
who's stephanie tanner? that guy is a dick.

From the 80s/90s show "Full House"...she used to say "How wewwwwwwwwd!"

melly dear, that was before their time

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001

damn, this guy knows how to keep it real. wanna be in my posse? :D