Would this be a weird / uncomfortable living situation? *resolved*

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
Ok, So i have my own apartment now, and so does my girlfriend. We would both like to get a single roomate, since it would save a lot of money. However, we do not want to live together at least until we got engaged.

We have two really good friends who are boyfriend and girlfriend. They DO live together, but have decided they want to live apart since they do not see themselves getting engaged very soon and think it would be best not to live together (the relationship is strong, they just feel like they have the next 70 years or whatever to live together, so they'd rather wait a bit).

Anyway, my girlfriend wants to live with our one friend (the two girls together).

Therefore, they are suggesting that i could live with our other friend (us two guys together)

So in other words, we would both be roomates with our good friends, however....my roomate would be my girlfriends roomate's boyfriend, and vice versa. Ya dig?

Not a big deal, but just wondering if this sounds like a good idea or not.

update: sounds like a good plan, i'm gonna go for it :)

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
i dont see whats wrong with this other then the lot of you are prudes and/or cant control yourselves

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
You're gonna end up practically living together any way. Your GF will be at your place and the other two will end up at the other place, or vice versa. What's the point?

Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: bunker
You're gonna end up practically living together any way. Your GF will be at your place and the other two will end up at the other place, or vice versa. What's the point?

i agree with this...

but i can kinda see the point, u can go home anytime u want...but u will basically be living together

TMPadmin

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2001

He has a point here...

I don't see the problem. Or even a reason to post here about it. Unless you don't like the guy.

VictorLazlo

Jul 23, 2003
Being a good friend, and being a good roomate are NOT necessarily the same thing. I've learned this the hard way. If you have never lived with this friend before, be very careful. If he doesn't turn out to be a good roomate, it can put a surprising amount of strain on your friendship.

Overall, I'm getting a bad vibe from the situation you've described here.
Edit: Just think about how awkward it would be if your friend and his girlfriend broke up.

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000

yeah, that's what i figured. but at least we'd sort of save money and sort of avoid *technically* living together :p

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Having done this in college, let me assure you it's an awesome deal.

I could kick my roomate out for the night. My g/f would come to my room, he'd go to her room, and lots of nookie would be had by all.

raptor13

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Why not do it? Either you or your girlfriend will be at the other's place all the time anyway whether you have roommates or not. The way I see it, you'll end up with exactly the same situation except you'll be paying half the rent. It sounds like a great idea to me.

Now what I need to work on is getting my roommates to date my girlfriend's roommates... :)

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
well, i'm convinced.

now, the new apartment search begins :)

THanks everyone

edit: yeah, i suppose if one of us broke up it could be awkward, but for now i really don't see that happening...so i say saving money is worth the risk