Would anyone consider buying this Kia?

Mar 15, 2003
Would anyone even consider buying the Kia Amanti when it's released? They've overcome two hurdles in my opinion - generic styling and underpowered engines (195hp v6 isn't bad)... I think that the interior is a bit dated but this just doesn't look like a Kia to me..

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Pretty ugly, so no. Although I probably would buy a Sorrento if I were in the market for a low priced smaller SUV.

BTW, does anyone else think of Chia Pet whenever they hear/see Kia? I always think K-K-K-Kia!

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: RossMAN
I'd buy a Ford Focus RE (Recall Edition) before buying that Kia.

this from the same guy that would buy a Saturn.

This car is made by Hyundai, if any one cares. Go get the Sonata if you consider this.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: cr4zymofo

This car is made by Hyundai, if any one cares. Go get the Sonata if you consider this.

I have a feeling I'm going to forever regret admitting that I was going to buy a Saturn :(

Forgive me?

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003

I'd buy (another) Saturn. It's a reliable, cheaper car that gets good gas milage.

I don't understand the hatred of Saturn here...must be that overwelming hatred for anything domestic.:confused:

That said, I might would buy a Kia if forced...but I'd really have to be forced.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
I would in a heartbeat.

I had the opportunity to testdrive an Optima V6 about 2 years ago. God damn I wish I could have bought that car. Having said that, I just purchased a brand new 2003 Kia Spectra 4-door automatic. In the testdrive, for a small car, I was impressed beyond belief - the car had a big-car feel to it, it's suspension and handling were superb, very soft amost luxury-car-like ride, and even though I find 1st gear a bit sluggish, I'm readily getting used to it. For a 1.8L 4cyl engine it has more power than I would ever need.

Everything aside, I don't need the frills, and the standard package is beyond anything any US car could provide at the same price.

I can only wait to testdrive the Amanti.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: SunnyD
I would in a heartbeat.

I had the opportunity to testdrive an Optima V6 about 2 years ago. God damn I wish I could have bought that car. Having said that, I just purchased a brand new 2003 Kia Spectra 4-door automatic. In the testdrive, for a small car, I was impressed beyond belief - the car had a big-car feel to it, it's suspension and handling were superb, very soft amost luxury-car-like ride, and even though I find 1st gear a bit sluggish, I'm readily getting used to it. For a 1.8L 4cyl engine it has more power than I would ever need.

Everything aside, I don't need the frills, and the standard package is beyond anything any US car could provide at the same price.

I can only wait to testdrive the Amanti.

Guess what the two cars with the WORST residual value are??

(And 3 of the top, er, bottom, 5)

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
No one is going to buy a Kia luxury car.

Kia is made by Hyundai, and only time will tell if people will by a luxury Hyundai. Granted they have a long way to go, but, I'm confident that they'll get there.

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
No one is going to buy a Kia luxury car.

Kia is made by Hyundai, and only time will tell if people will by a luxury Hyundai. Granted they have a long way to go, but, I'm confident that they'll get there.

Does this Hyundai count?
I wouldn't call it luxury. It came in last place, too.

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis No one is going to buy a Kia luxury car.
Does this Hyundai count?

That car is nice for the money, but to consider it's a luxury... still far off.