Worst Films of the Year...awards to be handed out February 28th

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Lopez in running for worst film

Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck's film Gigli has been nominated for nine Razzie awards for worst movie, in the same week they announced their split.

The Razzies are seen as the spoof Oscars for recognising the worst films and acting of the year.

Affleck and Lopez met on the Gigli set, but the film was slated by critics and largely ignored by audiences.

The Cat in the Hat, starring Mike Myers, has eight Razzie nominations, with awards handed out on 28 February.

Last year, the celebrity pairing of Madonna and director Guy Ritchie were saddled with the most Razzie wins for their flop Swept Away, including worst film, actress and director.

This year it could be the turn of Lopez and Affleck, whose engagement has been confirmed as being over.

'Endless twaddle'

Affleck's worst actor nomination also takes in his performances in blockbusters Daredevil and Paycheck.

"Ostensibly, we're talking about their on-screen performances, but I'm sure all the endless twaddle about their personal lives played into their being nominated," said Razzies founder John Wilson.

"But it is an embarrassingly bad movie, and unfortunately, it's not a fun bad movie."

And celebrity couple Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore also share the "dishonour" of Razzie nominations this year.

All three of Kutcher's 2003 releases - Just Married, Cheaper by the Dozen and My Boss' Daughter - secured his place in the worst acting category, while Moore's comeback in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle saw her nominated for worst supporting actress.

Fallen idols

Sylvester Stallone's nomination for his portrayal of a criminal mastermind in Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over was his 30th Razzie nomination since they were set up in 1980.

So far he has won eight, including worst actor of the 20th Century.

Competing for the ignominious worst actress prize will be Angelina Jolie for Beyond Borders and Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz for Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.

American Idol winner and runner-up Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini saw their rush-released movie From Justin to Kelly heavily featured in the nominations list, including worst acting mentions for the singing pair.

The awards will be handed out the day before the Oscars but the majority of raspberry-shaped trophies go unclaimed on the night.

link

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Dari
Sylvester Stallone's nomination for his portrayal of a criminal mastermind in Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over was his 30th Razzie nomination since they were set up in 1980.

LOL

Poor guy :D

MystikMango

Jan 8, 2004
Sly was great in that one movie about.... oh, not that one. He was good in the one with... um, no. He was alright in the movie that co-starred...hmm.

I liked him in DeathRace 2000.

opticalmace

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: americangigolo
Originally posted by: Dari

LOL

Poor guy :D

That made me literally laugh out loud. :D

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Originally posted by: MystikMango
Sly was great in that one movie about.... oh, not that one. He was good in the one with... um, no. He was alright in the movie that co-starred...hmm.

I liked him in DeathRace 2000.

wasnt he nominated for an Oscar for Rocky??