Worst Fantasy Football luck

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

endervalentine

Jan 30, 2009
Originally posted by: TallBill
Originally posted by: JS80
Fantasy Football is 80% injury and 20% luck.

Not really. Picking up the correct replacements from the waiver wire can really get you places.

I dont' know about that ... if you're in a 14man league, pickings are really really slim, pretty much everyone is picked up. Unless the league has people that are willing to do trades, it comes down to luck.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Originally posted by: TallBill

Not really. Picking up the correct replacements from the waiver wire can really get you places.

That part is 20% luck due to waiver order. I am assuming high money league and at least half are competing for waivers.

FA bidding

joesmoke

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2007
Originally posted by: MotionMan

and bye weeks.

Both of the leagues I use to play in were created from NFL fan mailing lists, so there were no easy marks. I made the playoffs every season and won a league or two. However, the last season I played, I decided to not put in as much time and it showed - I barely made the playoffs and exited early.

So, I gave up FF when I decided that spending all my waking hours analyzing who was the best third TE to pick up was not a good use of my time.

I am not a FF hater, but it just is not for me anymore.

MotionMan

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!! :)

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
you can't really do anything about it. It's annoying. One year I had LT, Larry Johnson (the year he broke out), clinton portis, torry holy, marc bulger (when he was good) and failed to make the playoffs because of ridiculous shit like that.