Worst Customer Service Experience In My Life....DELL

fshakouri74

May 1, 2005

I purchaed a Dell Inspiron 6000 from www.dell.com. I called later on Feb 24,2005 on the phone to change aspects of my order. When my order was shipped to me on March 3rd I realized that Dell had forgotten to send me the extended 9 cell 80 WHr battery for the laptop. I called in several times and talked for hours to customer service. I talked to many people whom I could not undertand because they could not speak English. I asked for a refund and was DENIED a refund even though I was in the 21 day return period. I was told that I would be sent a replacement extended battery only, NO REFUND. I waited about two weeks and when the replacement arrived I opened the box and saw that the same WRONG battery shipped with my computer the fist time. I tried calling Dell again on the phone for hours and requested a refund again and was denied a refund and told another replacement would be shipped via overnight. I waited and received the second replacement and again the WRONG battery was shipped for the second time. I again got on the phone with dell at the end of March beginning of April and requested to get a refund again for the third time, which I was denied again. I was told another battery would be shipped to me. It has been one month since I last heard from Dell and I have not received a THIRD replacement battery or a refund. I have tired contacting Dell through email and many phone calls only to get the runaround by their customer service reps. Between the last time I talked to a Dell rep and now my LCD screen on my latop has gone dark on the right hand side of the screen (25% of the 15.4" display is dark). I tried calling back again today on April 29, 2005 and at first I was denied a refund, but after speaking to another supervisor I was given the option of returning my computer with a 15%-20% depreciation fee. I was furious at this point said goodbye. I called American Express again to inform them of the new incident with Dell. They are looking into the matter as well.

I wish they had people that could speak English (their names may sound like they're from the US such as Bob, Simon and Kyle but they sure don't know one bit of English). I wish there was something I can do about this. Looks like I am stuck with a defective product. I wrote a complaint to Amex and BBB.

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
I dont call them anymore, I find that emailing them or doing the online chat is much more productive.

LASTGUY2GETPS2

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: cliftonite
I dont call them anymore, I find that emailing them or doing the online chat is much more productive.

:thumbsup:

According to dell if i reformat i won't lose any of my data. :confused:

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: LASTGUY2GETPS2

LMAO

do you have that saved?

BullyCanadian

Platinum Member
May 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Naustica
I don't believe your side of the story.

same with me, its missing something,
he was probably giving the wrong part number or model number

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
Originally posted by: BullyCanadian
Originally posted by: Naustica
I don't believe your side of the story.

same with me, its missing something,
he was probably giving the wrong part number or model number

I don't believe the no refund thing - Dell has a satisfaction gaurantee, and they will most definately honor it if you don't like the laptop.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
I've dealt with Dell dozens of times and never had a problem. I don't know why some people just like to Bash Dell all the time. I'd buy from them in a heartbeat.

fshakouri74

May 1, 2005
Well believe it or not, I got screwed.

Plain and simple.

I am not leaving anything out. I have all the emails saved and printed them & mailed to Amex. I have never had a problem in the past with Dell, but this is unbelievable.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
I've dealt with Dell dozens of times and never had a problem. I don't know why some people just like to Bash Dell all the time. I'd buy from them in a heartbeat.

Same here. But then again, there are some people in the world who know *exactly* what to say, when to say it, and how to get what they want...and there are some people who don't.

LASTGUY2GETPS2

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: dug777
Originally posted by: LASTGUY2GETPS2

LMAO

do you have that saved?

Nah. I was on the phone with some guy in india...after I started using the chat/email. I ended up using knoppix and backing up all my stuff then reformat...

Dell = tEh suX0rz

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior

Same here. But then again, there are some people in the world who know *exactly* what to say, when to say it, and how to get what they want...and there are some people who don't.

True. Once you know how the Dell support system works, it's easy to get through. Otherwise, you can be stuck with a first tier agent going through every flipcard possible over a 4 hour phone conversation.

Either way, I find it extremely hard to believe that Dell wouldn't honor their return policy. I call shens.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
One of my coworker also is having a lot of problems dealing with Dell, his own problem that he's a computer noob.

cain

Banned
Aug 1, 2003
Originally posted by: fshakouri74

I purchaed a Dell Inspiron 6000 from www.dell.com. I called later on Feb 24,2005 on the phone to change aspects of my order. When my order was shipped to me on March 3rd I realized that Dell had forgotten to send me the extended 9 cell 80 WHr battery for the laptop. I called in several times and talked for hours to customer service. I talked to many people whom I could not undertand because they could not speak English. I asked for a refund and was DENIED a refund even though I was in the 21 day return period. I was told that I would be sent a replacement extended battery only, NO REFUND. I waited about two weeks and when the replacement arrived I opened the box and saw that the same WRONG battery shipped with my computer the fist time. I tried calling Dell again on the phone for hours and requested a refund again and was denied a refund and told another replacement would be shipped via overnight. I waited and received the second replacement and again the WRONG battery was shipped for the second time. I again got on the phone with dell at the end of March beginning of April and requested to get a refund again for the third time, which I was denied again. I was told another battery would be shipped to me. It has been one month since I last heard from Dell and I have not received a THIRD replacement battery or a refund. I have tired contacting Dell through email and many phone calls only to get the runaround by their customer service reps. Between the last time I talked to a Dell rep and now my LCD screen on my latop has gone dark on the right hand side of the screen (25% of the 15.4" display is dark). I tried calling back again today on April 29, 2005 and at first I was denied a refund, but after speaking to another supervisor I was given the option of returning my computer with a 15%-20% depreciation fee. I was furious at this point said goodbye. I called American Express again to inform them of the new incident with Dell. They are looking into the matter as well.

I wish they had people that could speak English (their names may sound like they're from the US such as Bob, Simon and Kyle but they sure don't know one bit of English). I wish there was something I can do about this. Looks like I am stuck with a defective product. I wrote a complaint to Amex and BBB.

i can testify to that. i hate dell and dell customer service. i have had rep promise me things that weren't delivered. i have being on the phone with them 7 times, and everytime i have had a rep with heavy accent. what the fvck, can't even understand them.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Do you have a heavy accent yourself? Maybe the non-english speaking CSRs can't understand a word you said too. Did you insult their religion and their mom?

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: fshakouri74I wish they had people that could speak English (their names may sound like they're from the US such as Bob, Simon and Kyle but they sure don't know one bit of English). I wish there was something I can do about this. Looks like I am stuck with a defective product. I wrote a complaint to Amex and BBB.
when you get someone you cannot understand politely tell them that you can't understand them and you want to speak to someone else. it works.

cruzer

Dec 30, 2001
The Dell CSRs in India actually speak fair english, I think because they have a slight British accent, cause that's the flavor of English in that country.
But when I speak to the Dell CSRs in Latin America, forget it! I literally have to ask them to speak one word per second, and they actually get pissed off at that.