Worried about STDs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
I'm not 20, I'm 23. I know about birth control and STD's. All the girls I had unprotected sex with were on the pill. 2 of them were my gf's at the time. And yes I know I've waited far too long to get tested.

But I just remembered that when I give blood for my physical they also test for HIV and some other STDs. I get physicals every year or so. It's pretty apparent that most people on these boards haven't had sex yet. Some of the comments are indicative of the way I used to think before I started having sex. Once you become sexually active you realize why unexpected pregnancies happen all the time (and not just to redneck hicks)

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: OneOfTheseDays
I'm not 20, I'm 23. I know about birth control and STD's. All the girls I had unprotected sex with were on the pill. 2 of them were my gf's at the time. And yes I know I've waited far too long to get tested.

But I just remembered that when I give blood for my physical they also test for HIV and some other STDs. I get physicals every year or so.

I'm sure the girls would have said something by now as well if they had even an ounce of decency.

InlineFive

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2003

But I just remembered that when I give blood for my physical they also test for HIV and some other STDs. I get physicals every year or so.

Okay, I retract some of my previous statement. But I still hold that even on the pill you should have known better about this. If you're clean you should get tested before every new partner with whom you engage in unprotected sex.

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim

I'm sure the girls would have said something by now as well if they had even an ounce of decency.

QFT. I know I would.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: InlineFive

Okay, I retract some of my previous statement. But I still hold that even on the pill you should have known better about this. If you're clean you should get tested before every new partner with whom you engage in unprotected sex.

maybe if they made it less invasive. Who wants to have something shoved down there dickhole everytime they mess with a new girl.....for this time period in history where we are embedded in technology for this to be the only method of testing is just unacceptable.

Onita

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004

But I just remembered that when I give blood for my physical they also test for HIV and some other STDs. I get physicals every year or so. It's pretty apparent that most people on these boards haven't had sex yet. Some of the comments are indicative of the way I used to think before I started having sex. Once you become sexually active you realize why unexpected pregnancies happen all the time (and not just to redneck hicks)

Either way, unless your in a serious relationship and you both choose not to for whatever reason, wrap it, even if they say they are on BC, or deal with the consequences. Trust me, they aren't always telling the truth.

InlineFive

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2003

maybe if they made it less invasive. Who wants to have something shoved down there dickhole everytime they mess with a new girl.....for this time period in history where we are embedded in technology for this to be the only method of testing is just unacceptable.

Can you give me an example? I had a slew of STD tests done nine months ago and I was never subjected to anything like that.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

Can you give me an example? I had a slew of STD tests done nine months ago and I was never subjected to anything like that.

I was told the only way for males to get tested for the full gamut of stds is to under go a cotton swab being shoved into them.

InlineFive

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2003

I was told the only way for males to get tested for the full gamut of stds is to under go a cotton swab being shoved into them.

Gonorrhea and Chlamydia testing? Bizarre. I just had to urinate in a sterile cup.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

Gonorrhea and Chlamydia testing? Bizarre. I just had to urinate in a sterile cup.

thats just what i heard someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
This is the 1st time I will have gone in for testing. I've had unprotected sex with 3 different girls, 2 were my gf's and the other one was a drunken ONS. I'm in my young 20's and all my partners were as well. I have no symptoms that I can see, but you never know. I'm sitting here at work freaking out as to what the results could be....

I honestly haven't gotten tested earlier because I was afraid.
learn from your mistakes. it's all you can do at this point.

good luck.