Worried about malware and phishing attacks? Use Edge?

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
They didn't test firefox with noscript or ublock or any other mod installed...this is just out of the box settings.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...-edge-is-more-secure-than-chrome-and-firefox/
NSS-Results-1.png

Tests showed that Microsoft Edge was able to pick up on 99% of all links that NSS Labs testers had thrown at it. On the other hand, Chrome detected only 85.8% all threats, while Firefox blocked only 78.3%.

NSS Labs credits the better results to Microsoft technologies that have been developed in the past years, such as SmartScreen URL Filtering and SmartScreen Application Reputation (App Rep).

Tests also showed that SmartScreen also outperformed Google's Safe Browsing API when it came to zero-hour protection, meaning new threats, seen for the first time.

Edge showed a 98.7% detection rate for never-before-seen malware, while Chrome detected only 92.8% of all threats, and Firefox only 78.3%.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Pretty impressive but not enough for me to switch to Win10 and Edge. I'm fine with my Firefox with Adblock, Noscript and Sandboxie.